• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Bit of confusion for a train newbie...

Status
Not open for further replies.

LukehMuse

Heya guys, I have a bit of a quetsion for you that I just want some clarification on because to be honest I'm a complete newbie concerning trains and long distance journeys etc. Apologies in advance if it's a really simple answer or just me worrying over nothing but I thought I'd ask anyways.

My plan is to go from Newport-London Padd. and a return back on the same day, and the tickets I've ordered came today. I have a normal outwards ticket to London padd at the time I did etc, so that's normal and I understand that one. The other ticket though is the ticket that's causing me a bit of confusion and I just wanna make sure everything's ok and it's not a problem really.

It says that the ticket is a Day Travelcard between Newport Gwent * and 'R1256 Zones' on any permitted route. Does this mean the ticket is only valid from Newport? Also, I've no idea what R1256 Zones are to be honest so any help with that would be great...

I have a feeling I may have messed up the ticket but if so it wouldn't be so much of a problem, just worried that the ticket that says Day Travelcard may not be valid travelling back from London paddington to Newport G...

Thanks for any help!!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

glynn80

Established Member
Heya guys, I have a bit of a quetsion for you that I just want some clarification on because to be honest I'm a complete newbie concerning trains and long distance journeys etc. Apologies in advance if it's a really simple answer or just me worrying over nothing but I thought I'd ask anyways.

My plan is to go from Newport-London Padd. and a return back on the same day, and the tickets I've ordered came today. I have a normal outwards ticket to London padd at the time I did etc, so that's normal and I understand that one. The other ticket though is the ticket that's causing me a bit of confusion and I just wanna make sure everything's ok and it's not a problem really.

It says that the ticket is a Day Travelcard between Newport Gwent * and 'R1256 Zones' on any permitted route. Does this mean the ticket is only valid from Newport? Also, I've no idea what R1256 Zones are to be honest so any help with that would be great...

I have a feeling I may have messed up the ticket but if so it wouldn't be so much of a problem, just worried that the ticket that says Day Travelcard may not be valid travelling back from London paddington to Newport G...

Thanks for any help!!

Basically the ticket that you have saying R1256 includes a London Travelcard entitling you to travel around Zones 1-6 in London on all Buses, London Underground, National Rail, Tram and Docklands Light Railway. It then also includes a journey from a London Terminal to Newport so don't worry.

LukehMuse

Thanks very much, typical for it to be nothing to worry about. But I appreciate the quick reply and help nevertheless :)

Status
Not open for further replies.