• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

[bit of humor) 1995 SPAD in-cab sticker

Status
Not open for further replies.

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
Whilst Playing BVE4 with the new 95 stock on the northern line, i noticed a sticker that says something like 'In the event of a SPAD expect a train in front' some sort of notice that is!? (state the obvious award perhaps) maybe it should say

'In the event of a SPAD expect a P45 through your letterbox'

:P

cheers,
James.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Craig

Established Member
It's probably there as a reminder for drivers SPADing with authority from a signaller.

swt455

Maybe its one of the things which the drivers look at when they're feeling slightly angry that a yob has just managed to pull open the doors, and the driver looks up at the sign and laughs...

Shouldnt the train stop anyway after a SPAD??? LOL

ChrisCooper

Established Member
Actually, I think it refers to passing an automatic signal which has been at danger for some time, something that is allowed under LU rules without contacting the signaller (it's also allowed under NR rules if the signaller can't be contacted), and is just reminding drivers that they should expect to see a train infront, and should proceed at a speed that they can stop short of a train or any other obstruction. Possibly it might refer to SPADs aswell, since I think a train passing an automatic signal at danger can proceed without contacting the signaller, but again must expect to see a train infront. Controlled (or on NR manual) signals can't be passed without autherisation from the signaller, due to the fact that they will mostly protecting a junction, so it needs to be clear that no conflicting moves are signalled or autherised at the same time.

TomCrame

The wording is something along the lines of "After passing a signal at danger expect to find a train ahead". I think there used to be a bit in there saying 'under rule' but can't remember.

They were installed at the RI's request after a collision when the second train applied the rule past a signal.

Status
Not open for further replies.