• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Bizarre or what?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RJ

Established Member
I've just seen a double 450 on the 12:05 Waterloo - Poole! I know that 1 442 is away but are they really that stretched for stock???

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

RJ

Established Member
Just reached Wimbledon to find a refurb and old D stock together. On closer inspection the refurb seems to have a half and half interior. Old seats, new green bars, end of coach windows and refurb livery.

RJ

Established Member
Also quite strange, there was only one HST in Paddington. There were several Turbos and they were all in multiple.

T

Tom

joea1 said:
I've just seen a double 450 on the 12:05 Waterloo - Poole! I know that 1 442 is away but are they really that stretched for stock???

That's normal.

450s are often diagrammed on the stopping Poole services due to the acceleration / braking.

Just reached Wimbledon to find a refurb and old D stock together. On closer inspection the refurb seems to have a half and half interior. Old seats, new green bars, end of coach windows and refurb livery.

That is a non-refurb and unit no. 7008 (the pre-refurb D78).

Techniquest

Veteran Member
joea1 said:
Also quite strange, there was only one HST in Paddington. There were several Turbos and they were all in multiple.

The HSTs were probably all out thundering through the countryside when you were there then. The Turbos were multiple in coupling due to less services on weekends meaning there is a possibility of putting more capacity on services at weekends which will need it.

Met Driver

Established Member
joea1 said:
The slow lines out of Padd are currently closed, and the stopping service is infrequent compared to what it would normally be, hence the doubling-up of units. Acton Mainline was receiving an hourly service in the UP direction ONLY!!

RJ

Established Member
Lol not the best day to be out and about on the GWML then. So how did the depot meet go?

Julian G

Established Member
joea1 said:
Lol not the best day to be out and about on the GWML then. So how did the depot meet go?
it was great!!! :)
we even got in the cab of a 60 and 37 :D

RJ

Established Member
Hmm, I was really looking forward to today. Well today was a really sh*tty day for me, probably the worst since I got into trains. Looks like I was the only one shunned out of the meet then :(. Now this flippin 455 I'm on is really slow due to extreme wheelslip. Ah well, we all have our off days.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Too right. I did on 16/12/05, finally seeing my last 150 with CT didn't make my mood any better. Don't know why I was in such a strop, no-one does. Even FCing between Worcester FC and SH didn't cheer me up.

Still, I'm yet to have a bad day yet this year, this one's been full of activity. Although what I'll do when I finish the stations in South Wales I don't know. I'm running out of stock to bash with ATW too, so soon a South Wales rover will be used for nowt but commuting!

RJ

Established Member
Hmm, I hate to be a misery, but I need something clearing up. Concerning the depot meet, it appears to me that a greater power of this site arranged with the organiser for me to be shunned out of the meet in favour of one of their friends. I base this on the FACT that at least one person who went wasn't on the list of people who were going. Then some cock and bull story appears about there

RJ

Established Member
Being too many people going and me and 1288gaje being moved to another date because we were the youngest and there were too many people. So somebody gave the organiser this information, then had an agreement to put the thread up. This was evidently a lie. And I'm certain I wasn't one of the last two to show interest and be put on the list. Correct me if I'm wrong please as I hate false accusations

RJ

Established Member
I don't want any trouble, I'm just really upset about being lied to, and the spiral events which occured today made things worse. I feel that I should at least have an explanation.

The 37 Fan

Not false at all, but if you want to get around any depot at all I had to do it this way, due to an issue which assose on Friday I couldnt do anything else.

Look you are still going on Jan 28th so please dont make me out to look bad when this was out of my control

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joe, this matter really should not be brought on here for several reasons.

1. No-one else will understand the issues

2. Depot meets should be kept confidential, or it will jeopardise them in future (you were given priority on the next depot trip, and this still stands!)

3. I do not believe you were lied to. The fact is that too many people were accepted onto the meet and this was always going to be a problem.

I appreciate you have concerns and I hope I have addressed them, I have sent a text file to yourself and Michael regarding the isses you raise.

I will help resolve the issue away from this public forum, I am sure we can sort it out. Any problems please contact me via MSN Messenger or PM. Thanks. :)

The 37 Fan

Thanks, joea1 just incase you think jonb replaced you, that by far is not the case, he infact was the 2nd person I invited ages ago, before I posted on here, it was only very early this morning I realied jonb was on here otherwise I would have listed him ;)

Sorry for the inconvienance and I will take you to ... and ... on January ...th, just the two of us ok!

As I said I have to obey the EWS foreman who work at ..., in the week I want down not for spotting but to ask, and they said max 8 and havinga list of 11 didnt help so there were too many, still I hope you look foward to your turn around the depot on January ...th.

All the best

// edit by tc: removed the dates //

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
The 37 Fan said:
Sorry for the inconvienance and I will take you to .... and ... on January ..., just the two of us ok!
t
Not a good idea to publicly declare this.

RJ

Established Member
Ok, I'm sorry. I've overreacted and my rage about everything going wrong today clouded my judgement. It seems that I've got it all wrong. I'm sorry once again :(. Can I ask a MAXIMUM of two others to attend please?

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
joea1 said:
Ok, I'm sorry. I've overreacted and my rage about everything going wrong today clouded my judgement. It seems that I've got it all wrong. I'm sorry once again :(.

No worries, I knew you'd be upset, and so would I in your position!

But I am glad that everyone accepts the mistakes were made and we can prevent them happening again.

(BTW anyone reading this who hasn't a clue what's gone on, all I'll say is this: when organising a meet, make sure you read the guidelines thoroughly and you won't have these problems :))

RJ

Established Member
tubechallenger said:
Hmm, it's an extremely odd hybrid, all but the seats, lighting and flooring had been refurbed. Even the end of coach windows had been put in. I would have thought that it would've all been done at once.

Met Driver

Established Member
joea1 said:
tubechallenger said:
Hmm, it's an extremely odd hybrid, all but the seats, lighting and flooring had been refurbed. Even the end of coach windows had been put in. I would have thought that it would've all been done at once.

It's the prototype set, and was partly refurbished at Acton Works ages ago. The set will be sent away for full refurbishment once all the other units have been refurbished.

T

Tom

It will be the last unit to be sent away. It's not odd either, its been around the network for around 3 years (Seth?).

It is rumoured that it won't be changed much due to the problems of refurbing over a refurb.

Tom B

Established Member
From what I've heard it will always be "unique" - the inter carriage windows are different from those used on the production units.

With the closures this Feb/March meaning an EBDY - Acton shuttle, what are the chances of that being run by a refurbed D78?

T

Tom

Tom, assuming there are refurbs at the depot, it might happen because LU may be pushing for some new stock to show off during the weekend as it is an LTM weekend.

The D78 7008 will always be unique, yes.

Tom B

Established Member
That would be fun, since I'm probarbly going to be usign that shuttle :).

ikar

DStock7080 from District Dave's LU froum (who by the way is a T/Op) saied:

*the livery on trains1>3 is likely to be altered at Ealing, to match the rest of the refurbs.

*train10 and onward, have additional internal back-to-back dot-matrix displays mounted above the transverse seats in the centre of the car. It was a late amendment, so trains1>9 will be retrofitted at ECom- starting in January.

*from train20, an additional long handrail will be fitted inside the doors by the wheelchair space- there is one there now, but only on none side of the car! Again, trains1>19 will be retrofitted.

*NO window glass is being changed- except the replacement of the 'M' door glass & the additional end-car windows. The film being fitted to the inside of the windows is meant to sink into the scratching, so making it 'disappear' !

*prototype unit 7008 IS a problem! it will always have to look non-standard. The car-end windows are a different size to the other refurbs. It will probably get left until the very end of the project, in the hope that another D Stock will get damaged & donate parts to 17008!

*an internal destination display for the driver will NOT be provided- the suggestion is to scroll through the CIS menu to find 'route status'.

*a 1kw heater is actually fitted to the cab A/C unit, it's not very effective as the old hearter blower is 3kw.

*problems with Network Rail continue to delay the work on the link at Upminster. EWS have the contract to transport the D Stock to/from Derby. As the Upminster work has not been finished, they are sub-contracting this work to transfer them by road.

*even if the work at Upminster was completed 'tomorrow', the D Stock would still go by road, as approval for the use of Ruislip has not been given by Network Rail.

*even if Ruislip was approved & the work at Upmister was finished, they would still go by road- as there are 40ish guaging issues on the rail route to Derby to be sorted by Network Rail first!!

Status
Not open for further replies.