• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Bizzare

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Guinness

Established Member
Pulling a Failed GNER Set? Wouldn't suprised me in the current situation at GNER.....

Guinness

Established Member
Jamie said:
They could afford two rescue locomotives? Things must be improving!

I surprised that GNER could cough up enough money to ring up Freightliner.

Nick

Hmmm, anyone think that one 66 could pull a IC225 rake and keep at a decently high speed? Probably not, so they used 2 I guess AJP

bunnahabhain

Established Member
Nick, a Class 66 is a freight locomotive and it is designed to reach a speed and stay at it, it doesnt matter if you've got one or one hundred locomotives, they aint gonna go higher than 75mph.

Guinness

Established Member
Jamie said:
Nick, a Class 66 is a freight locomotive and it is designed to reach a speed and stay at it, it doesnt matter if you've got one or one hundred locomotives, they aint gonna go higher than 75mph.

I think he means Acceleration Rates.

bunnahabhain

Established Member
Nick said:
Thanks Chaz, thats exatly what I was hitting at :)

That's funny then, cause your original post seemed to be questioning whether a Class 66 was capable of hauling a '225' set at 75mph. Nothing upon acceleration was even mentioned.

AJP

Ive seen 1 GB 66 pulling a GNER set, plus it failed at Adwick and was dragged back to Doncaster, Adwick - Doncaster is not far at all! 10 mins max!!

Tomnick

Established Member
Passed said train at Adwick, when it was really stopping the job ;). Donny was in chaos at that moment, and our '321' ran into 3b (Scunthorpe train was in platform 6!) with the road set right through onto the Up East Slow. All good fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.