• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Black 5s stored at Chester Midland shed

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Crab

Bit of a long shot but this has been bugging me for months. In 1966 (or possibly early '67) there were two ex-works Black 5s stored next to the Crewe lines at 6A. They were numbered 44xxx and were anagrams. Which ones were they, can anyone set my mind to rest?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Harvester

Established Member
Bit of a long shot but this has been bugging me for months. In 1966 (or possibly early '67) there were two ex-works Black 5s stored next to the Crewe lines at 6A. They were numbered 44xxx and were anagrams. Which ones were they, can anyone set my mind to rest?
Black Fives 44917 and 44971 were allocated to 6A in 1966. The former from April 66 - June 67, and the latter June 66 - July 66.

The Crab

Thank you Harvester, I think those must have been the pair. I suppose that they were put through Crewe in the spring and stored for a while before being put back into traffic. I can't remember how long they stood there.

Status
Not open for further replies.