• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Blackburn To Doncaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave87016

Established Member
I have previously bought a day return from Blackburn to Doncaster via Burnley sometimes I have used the service to York then York to Doncaster, however yesterday the East Coast guard said it wasnt valid that way and that he should charge me, I politely told him that the online shows it is valid on that part aswell as from Leeds

Can anyone confirm if I am correct that a Blackburn to Doncaster via Burnley is valid on Via York. I am pretty sure it is

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Blackburn and Doncaster are both Routeing Points, so this is quite straightforward.

Valid Routes from Blackburn [BBN] to Doncaster [DON]:

1. Direct trains from Blackburn to Doncaster (there are noneat present)
  2. Shortest Route: 70.5 miles (may not be entirely accurate; data from NRT) plus routes up to 3 miles longer
    • Blackburn
    • Accrington
    • Burnley Manchester Road
    • Hebden Bridge
    • Mytholmroyd
    • Sowerby Bridge
    • Brighouse
    • Mirfield
    • Wakefield Kirkgate
    • Wakefield Westgate
    • Doncaster
  3. Mapped Routes:
    Blackburn - Doncaster:
    • MH + PS - not applicable to Route: via Burnley
    • TP + EE
The guard was wrong. Did the guard consult the Routeing Guide or a journey planner?

dave87016

Established Member
Thanks for the reply Yorkie , No he didnt - he just tried to insist that it wasnt valid via York and that he should charge me, I refused and he said he wont bother this time but if he comes across me again on same journey he will charge me !

Established Member
Probably best the next time you make this trip is to take a print out of the relevant maps. In an ideal world you shouldn't need to do this, but at least next time you won't be made to pay for a new ticket, or asked to do so.

sheff1

Established Member
So, yet again, a guard making up their own rules and then threatening to overcharge a passenger based on those made up rules.

In this case, it is not even a complicated journey (only one change required) <(

Status
Not open for further replies.