• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Blackburn to Glasgow

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave87016

Established Member
This question is mainly aimed at Booking office staff

Before the new VTEC website came into effect I used to buy a first class advance (with senior railcard ) on their website travelling on the 0723 fom Blackburn and 0815 from Preston to Glasgow the mixing deck always did and still does use the 0723 from Blackburn but the 0758 TPE from Preston - Glasgow I avoided this by using the "train calling at " feature which I inserted Oxenholme as the 0758 does NOT call there but the 0815 does

This meant I could get a through first class advance for the trains I wanted 0723 from Blackburn and 0815 VT from Preston to Glasgow is there anyway that booking office staff can do this or any website which like the old VTEC website that gives you a choice to buy tickets from the "trains calling at feature"?

Any help is greatly appreciated and many thanks in advance

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

roversfan2001

Established Member
On trainsplit.com and trainscanbecheaper.info (essentially the same site but Trainsplit offers split tickets where cheaper) you can use the advanced options to select 'Avoid TPE', this should direct you onto the 0815.

dave87016

Established Member
On trainsplit.com and trainscanbecheaper.info (essentially the same site but Trainsplit offers split tickets where cheaper) you can use the advanced options to select 'Avoid TPE', this should direct you onto the 0815.

I tried that Roversfan2001 but sadly it uses a separate ticket from Blackburn to Preston ( the normal railcard discounted day return) which I want avoid paying really by having a through ticket

fishquinn

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
The Chiltern journey planner still has the 'calling at' function so by looking at the 31st of October as a random example I can get an itinerary with a 1st advance on the 0723/0815.

dave87016

Established Member
The Chiltern journey planner still has the 'calling at' function so by looking at the 31st of October as a random example I can get an itinerary with a 1st advance on the 0723/0815.

Cheers Fishquinn I shall have a look at that now thanks to all posters for their help

Status
Not open for further replies.