• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Blackfriars - London Bridge, Missing Oyster OSI link?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hkstudent

Established Member
It seems that Thameslink trains don't call at London Bridge after 2300, which London Bridge will still have trains to run till 0030. According to National Rail Journey Planner, there is a valid walking connection between London Bridge and Blackfriars for late trains (particularly for Luton / Gatwick / East Croydon)

However, there seems to be not having an OSI link for that, particularly there are no direct London Underground connection between the stations, and the District / Circle Line doesn't run to the late hours. Would the TfL need to add the link to fulfil a journey?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

JonathanH

Veteran Member
It seems that Thameslink trains don't call at London Bridge after 2300

Last trains 2337 to Brighton / 2331 to Peterborough / 2335 to Bedford.

I wonder whether you could ask the barrier staff nicely if you can leave London Bridge without touching out and enter Blackfriars without touching in. Blackfriars barriers tend not to be staffed in the late evening, London Bridge barriers do tend to be staffed first to last train.

Or to get something official done, enter into correspondence with TfL.

JonathanH

Veteran Member
I think going north the would expect people to use the Northern Line, which could be one explanation.

Yes, but there is an higher fare to pay if you go 'mixed-mode' and travel NR / LU rather than NR only on Oyster / Contactless.

The OP is seeking to avoid this.

People using paper tickets or who have already hit fare caps would clearly use the Northern Line.

Failed Unit

Established Member
Surely then the solution is use a paper ticket? I understand that when contactless comes to my local station I must be careful and continue using paper tickets for certain journeys to save money.

Jona26

I think going north the would expect people to use the Northern Line, which could be one explanation.

The City branch of the Northern Line does not have a night tube service though so wouldn't solve the problem for some late services potentially.

hkstudent

Established Member
The City branch of the Northern Line does not have a night tube service though so wouldn't solve the problem for some late services potentially.
Yes. Another issue is, there is no direct tube connetion from London Bridge to Blackfrairs. You need to get to Bank/Monument and change District/Circle Line there.

Surely then the solution is use a paper ticket? I understand that when contactless comes to my local station I must be careful and continue using paper tickets for certain journeys to save money.
That shouldn't be the case if the journey is wholly within zone 1-6, particularly TfL calimed Oystercard be the cheapest mena of travel in London.

Status
Not open for further replies.