• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Blackpool-Manchester Airport TPE from June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
The Dft announced this week that Blackpool-Manchester Airport will be transferred fully to TPE from June 2006, after they have operated the service on contract from Northern since 2004.

Managing director Vernon Baker said:
"We are very pleased to be able to expand our franchise to include services to Blackpool...The service will benefit from ongoing major investment as passengers travelling to and from Blackpool will now have the opportunity of travelling aboard new trains, which are being introduced on TransPennine Express routes, this year. We will be working closely with Northern Rail to achieve a smooth transition...”

What is meant by new trains? Surely not 185s, as am I right in saying the TPE will have a shortage of these as it is?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

voyagerdude220

Established Member
Chaz said:
New Trains? Aren't 175s not new enough?

Whenever I've been on them, they've seemed fine, but that's just for the very short Bolton/Salford Crescent to Piccadilly journey. When I join at Salford, I normally end up standing for the short journey, simply because of the vast amount of passengers doing the Salford Crescent to Oxford Road/Piccadilly trip in connection with mainline services etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.