• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Blackpool - Still on course for Easter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kylemore

I will be attending a course at Fleetwood in mid May and would love a wee run on the Trams - is the new revamped system still going to open at Easter?
Official website not very helpful.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Tramfan

Nothing confirmed yet, but should be open at Easter. It is probable that a reduced service will operate due to lack of new trams, but there should hopefully still be some sort of service.

Regarding Fleetwood, as the Ferry substation is still being built, there seems to be uncertainty about whether the service will reach the ferry, and regular testing/driver training has only just reached Thornton Gate this week.

kylemore

Nothing confirmed yet, but should be open at Easter. It is probable that a reduced service will operate due to lack of new trams, but there should hopefully still be some sort of service.

Regarding Fleetwood, as the Ferry substation is still being built, there seems to be uncertainty about whether the service will reach the ferry, and regular testing/driver training has only just reached Thornton Gate this week.

Thanx Tramfan, so might have to take the bus part of the way!:cry:

Tramfan

Thanx Tramfan, so might have to take the bus part of the way!:cry:

It's a possibility, although there have been suggestions that a limited service may be able to operate Fleetwood without the new substation, so its going to be very much a case of wait and see I think!

Crimson_Quiff

I think for the first time in a long while, I cannot give any predictions/opinions/thoughts on this one! I really haven't a clue what's going to happen! I shall be waiting and seeing ;)

BestWestern

Established Member
Going into detail for a moment, what has become of dear old Princess Alice, has she stopped at Rigby Road for fat doors?

BestWestern

Established Member
Good to know there will at least be a couple of Balloons left alone.

Thank God! It was bad enough when rumours circulated towards the end of 2010 that 717 was going to be fitted with the new doors! Not going to happen now, apparently.

there was some questions raised on another forum regarding the state of her underframe. It's rumored to be in a bad state but I cannot confirm anything. But as stated on a reputable tram website its in the heritage fleet so could be good news!!

BestWestern

Established Member
there was some questions raised on another forum regarding the state of her underframe. It's rumored to be in a bad state but I cannot confirm anything. But as stated on a reputable tram website its in the heritage fleet so could be good news!!

Bah, it's lasted 70 odd years on a salt soaked Promenade, they can fix it! ;)

Crimson_Quiff

Another rumour is that 706 is absolutely fine ;)
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Win a Flexity ride!

http://www.blackpool.gov.uk/News/Winagoldentickettoridethefirstnewtram.htm

Not for me though, would rather be on the first TIMETABLED run ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.