• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Blackpool Tram Stops when it reopens

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluenoxid

Established Member
As far as I am aware, there will be a lot of streamlining of tram stops on the Blackpool Tram network. Has anyone got a list of the stops that will exist, a list of the stops closed and any information about stops that may have been moved.

Thank you.

I have this list. Are these correct

http://www.lancashire.gov.uk/corporate/web/?siteid=5149&pageid=27058&e=e

I have been comparing it to this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:GleisplanBlackpool1998.png

Two issues already in Fleetwood

Where is Pharos Street (Fleetwood Ferry)
Where is London Street

Cleveley

Where is Rossall School
Is West DriveCleveleys (Victoria Square) two separate stops?

Blackpool

Where is Burlington Road West

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Sheepy1209

I think the lancs cc link is broadly correct.
To add a bit more:
In Fleetwood the terminus is in Bold Street, near the junction with the Esplanade. I don't know whether it still stops in Pharos Street, but I do know the stop adjacent to the ferry is removed.

In Cleveleys, West Drive and Victoria Square are separate stops. Victoria Square is the main stop and a terminus for some services.

Note there will also be a Heritage service with only a handful of stops, which will be separate from the new platforms. There's an extra charge to use the Heritage trams but this also includes full use of the service trams and buses.

Service trams will be primarily Flexities but augmented in the busiest parts by Balloons with widened doors.

pemma

Veteran Member
Service trams will be primarily Flexities but augmented in the busiest parts by Balloons with widened doors.

According to Blackpool Transport:

On completion of the £100 million upgrade to light rail status the tram service will commence on Wednesday 4 April with new low floor Bombardier trams.

Heritage tram tours will operate on Bank Hoidays, weekends (April - October) and ever day during the summer school holidays and every evening during the Illuminations.

Different ticketing arrangements will apply for the heritage tours, which will be similar to the illuminations tours in terms of the route taken.

WestCoast

Established Member
The Flexities and Upgraded Balloons are both LRT standard, meaning that they will operate the core 'non-heritage' services. I've seen the upcoming timetable and there doesn't appear to be any Cleveleys - Pleasure Beach workings as there was prior to the upgrade. The service from 4th April runs every 20 minutes daytime Monday - Saturday, from Starr Gate to Fleetwood Ferry. I don't know if there are any extras planned for high season.

The remaining fleet is classed as heritage and will run on the tours.

Crimson_Quiff

I was desperate enough to scoop in EVERY SINGLE stop before the buldozers moved in and stops were removed perminantely/moved to different locations/stayed in the same place but upgraded etc etc! Now I must do the new stops! :roll::lol:

BestWestern

Established Member
I was desperate enough to scoop in EVERY SINGLE stop before the buldozers moved in and stops were removed perminantely/moved to different locations/stayed in the same place but upgraded etc etc! Now I must do the new stops! :roll::lol:

Shouldn't bother with the new ones, not really worth the journey any more! :cry:

Clip

Established Member

This is spooky right - can someone check so its not just me. go down to the bottom of the road so your facing the arcade. turn right once and you can see the ferry(where does it go BTW) then with the arrows on the bottom of the screen hit the right one once and as you move along the niext picture the ferry has gone

Attachments

• Ferry 1.JPG
    Ferry 1.JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 34
  • Ferry 2.JPG
    Ferry 2.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 32

pemma

Veteran Member
This is spooky right - can someone check so its not just me. go down to the bottom of the road so your facing the arcade. turn right once and you can see the ferry(where does it go BTW) then with the arrows on the bottom of the screen hit the right one once and as you move along the niext picture the ferry has gone

I've noticed one place on streetview where you can see a full car park, then when you move to the next position there's only about 10 cars in it!

Clip

Established Member
I've noticed one place on streetview where you can see a full car park, then when you move to the next position there's only about 10 cars in it!

I checked on it further last night and you can move along the whole sea front and its not there until you get to the no entry signs then it reappears!! spooky!

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
It's simply a case of using pictures from different days stitched together. A bit like the one that surfaced a couple of years ago with instant houses somewhere - foundations only in one picture, complete houses in the next...

Status
Not open for further replies.