• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Blackpool Trams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Crossover

Established Member
Does anyone know if the old trams are still in service at the weekends!
Thinking of going up this Saturday!!!

Thanks in advance

Chris

I don't believe so. They were withdrawn in November and will now only be used for special occasions IIRC.

From what I understand, they are doing maintenance work on the system and there are no trams until Easter time (which will be the Flexitys)

Crossover

Established Member
From http://www.blackpooltransport.com/Services.aspx

Tramway Closed from Monday 7 November 2011

Posted - Wednesday 09/11/2011 15:47
Updated - Wednesday 09/11/2011 15:48

The tramway is now closed until Easter 2012 whilst the £100 million upgrade to light rail status is completed, after which the new low floor tramway service will start operating.

For travel between Starr Gate and Fleetwood there is the Service 1 bus that operates along the Promenade.

So yeah, possibly a bit too much time on the 172's :P

That said, I have just seen my first pic of a Blackpool liveried Flexity and they look rather smart, in my opinion. Maybe I need to duck for cover saying that though!

Established Member
Some old trams will still be running on weekends - a fleet of nine Balloons with larger doors will do a Pleasure Beach - Cleveleys normal service, and there will also be a (more expensive) express heritage service from Pleasure Beach to Little Bispham, using the heritage fleet. More information here:

http://www.britishtramsonline.co.uk/news/?p=684

Although the system does not re-open until early April.

Status
Not open for further replies.