• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Bletchley questions and observations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
I've noticed a couple of things of note at Bletchley of late.

One is that the section of the footbridge with the steps down to the entrance/exit looks much newer concrete than the rest of it. Has that bit been added more recently, perhaps with the original having steps down like the other platforms?

The other is that when P4/5 were extended the OHLE which formerly supplied the line from the sidings to P4 is still present, and so there's live OHLE directly above the platform. I've never seen this elsewhere and was a bit surprised by it - surely this poses a greater risk of someone coming too close and so it should be removed?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

thecrofter

I've noticed a couple of things of note at Bletchley of late.

The other is that when P4/5 were extended the OHLE which formerly supplied the line from the sidings to P4 is still present, and so there's live OHLE directly above the platform. I've never seen this elsewhere and was a bit surprised by it - surely this poses a greater risk of someone coming too close and so it should be removed?

You're absolutely correct that live conductors should not be present above a platform. Are you sure it is actually LIVE and it's not just a tail wire (earthed) terminated at a convenient structure with an insulator in line?

Elecman

Established Member
You're absolutely correct that live conductors should not be present above a platform. Are you sure it is actually LIVE and it's not just a tail wire (earthed) terminated at a convenient structure with an insulator in line?

My thoughts entirely I’d be amazed if it didn’t have in-line insulators before it crosses the platform

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.