• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Bletchley

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave87016

Established Member
Hi all I am booked to go spotting in Bletchley in a couple of weeks time does anyone know what kind of Refreshment places are on the station? and if there are any decent places just outside the station be it cafe? pub? bakery?

Thanks in advance

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

AlterEgo

Veteran Member
Hi all I am booked to go spotting in Bletchley in a couple of weeks time does anyone know what kind of Refreshment places are on the station? and if there are any decent places just outside the station be it cafe? pub? bakery?

Thanks in advance

There's a small Espresso Bar in the station, but it's fairly charmless and quite expensive: http://toc.nationalrail.co.uk/int/stations/sjp/BLY/images/photos/800/o1263-0000017.jpg

The Brunel Centre is a stone's throw from the station and there are a few places to eat there. It is very unglamorous, but there is a smart Boots which will do you a Meal Deal.

There's also a Greggs on Queensway, no more than 500 yards from the station.

pitdiver

There's a small Espresso Bar in the station, but it's fairly charmless and quite expensive: http://toc.nationalrail.co.uk/int/stations/sjp/BLY/images/photos/800/o1263-0000017.jpg

The Brunel Centre is a stone's throw from the station and there are a few places to eat there. It is very unglamorous, but there is a smart Boots which will do you a Meal Deal.

There's also a Greggs on Queensway, no more than 500 yards from the station.

Just to add I think there are a couple of places to eat in Queensway apart from Greggs but the whole of the Bletchley area is pretty grim. I should know I lived in Mk for 23 years.

IanD

Established Member
I've lived in the MK area for 20 odd years and this is the first time I've heard the words "Bletchley" and "decent places" in the same sentence. :D

There's a pub by the bus station (The Enigma) which is an experience. There's a Burger King next door to it.
There are a couple of curry houses under the flyover on Duncombe Street (There used to be a pub there too, The Park, not sure if it's still open though. Last time I was there, I had to serve myself as the barman was otherwise occupied with one of the local ladies).
There is/was a cafe/chip shop in the Brunel Centre, haven't been for a while but the food was OKish.
Otherwise head down Queensway for non-chain burger bars and lots of charity shops.

The problem with Bletchley station is that the entrance is on the wrong side for easy access to the town.

DarloRich

Veteran Member

Thanks in advance

There is a small (not very good really) coffee bar place in the main station building.

You will not find a decent pub in Bletchely at all. Food wise, your best bet is either Greggs or Boots near the station (which is a sad indicment of the British high street!)

I can, however, recommend the Red Lion at Fenny Stratford. It does a great pint of ale (for a southern pub) and if the weather is nice you can sit outside and watch the boats go past. It is less than five minutes from Fenny Station

Status
Not open for further replies.