Blokes avoiding the urinals and peeing all over the toilet seat instead. Is this a thing now ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by yorksrob, 7 Sep 2019.

1. yorksrob

yorksrob Veteran Member

Had this twice today.

First in Victoria - walked in and all the urinals were free. Instead all the cubicles were taken by men standing up to pee. Afterwards didn't fancy sitting down.

Then in Leeds, same again. Gave the little git a dirty look as he went out. Glad I did, as the seat was sodden and had to dry it before I could finally use the loo.

Is this a new fad ?

2. Registered users do not see these banners - join or log in today!

Rail Forums

3. Jonfun

Jonfun Established Member

I would never dream of using a urinal. But surely if we're using a cubicle we sit down?? Thick headed society we live in if not.

4. yorksrob

yorksrob Veteran Member

One would have hoped so. Or at least if not sitting, put the seat up !

5. J-2739

J-2739 Established Member

Perhaps a combination of liking the privacy a cubicle delivers, but just a bit too lazy to bend their legs, just to sit?

I always cover the seat with toilet paper, just to be uber safe.

6. Starmill

Starmill Events Co-ordinator

Nope.

7. 433N

433N Member

I disagree.

I have noticed that this is seems a thing with the younger generation. My son has always had an aversion to using a urinal since a young age and always went for the privacy of a cubicle which I could never understand. I then started noticing that many young people in places like train stations and motorway services would queue for cubicles even when urinals were free.

I think it is all that social media rubbish over body image which is responsible for this nonsense ; I don't think my generation had any issues with using urinals and would not have taken the extra time associated with using a cubicle owing to an indoctrinated (and irrational) fear of being accosted by someone cottaging.

8. alxndr

alxndr Member

I'm what you would probably refer to as a younger person but currently cannot use urinals for medical reasons. To be honest I'd really prefer people not to overthink or second guess my toilet habits as I quite literally just want to do my business and go!

9. Terry Tait

Terry Tait Member

Blokes who can't be bothered to put the seat up in the bog really annoy me.

10. underbank

underbank Member

When it's already wet from someone else, people won't want to touch it to lift and there's not point anyway as it's already wet.

11. Peter Mugridge

Peter Mugridge Established Member

I'm more surprised by people's inability to aim straight than the fact of them using the cubicles in the first place. Yes, they should lift the seat first but if they aim straight they won't splash everything anyway. It's not rocket science.

Lift it with your foot instead?

Agree

Aren't you more likely to get an unwelcome approach if you are standing at the urinals though?

You could just "hover" a couple of inches above the seat?

Last edited: 8 Sep 2019
  12. yorksrob

yorksrob Veteran Member

It would take rather too much effort to hover :lol:

13. Peter Mugridge

Peter Mugridge Established Member

I do it all the time - even at home. Reason? I don't like the cold shock... :lol::lol::lol:

14. dosxuk

dosxuk Member

There's also the times you go in and all the urinals are occupied but there's cubicles available. No excuse for the poor aim or lack of cleaning up after though.

15. Arglwydd Golau

Arglwydd Golau Established Member

Yes...it happens all the time, notice it every day when I go swimming....and don't get me started on men not washing their hands....

16. Bletchleyite

Bletchleyite Veteran Member

It used to be the case that urinals would have privacy dividers. Now they usually don't. I think this may be part of the cause, and I also think the dividers need reinstating.

17. Bletchleyite

You want a nice wooden seat.

18. underbank

underbank Member

Hate to break it to you guys, but women can be digusting too. Peeing on the seat isn't male preserve, nor is not washing your hands afterwards.

19. Mag_seven

Mag_seven Established Member

I blame buttoned jeans.

20. route101

route101 Established Member

Happens at the University , problem is most toilets dont have urinals .

21. Nym

Nym Established Member

Just to put another slant on this...

Whatever happened to wall to floor type urinals that had a small step up so that any dribbles would be caught on porcelain (or for those too short for the cup type urinals) would end up down the drain and not pooling on the floor?

22. Bletchleyite

That's an interesting point, you do have to expose rather more than with a zip and so the privacy dividers might be appreciated.

23. yorksrob

yorksrob Veteran Member

They seem to have gone out of fashion now. You still find them in some of the more trad pubs.

24. Springs Branch

Springs Branch Member

Years ago, my mother had a job as a cleaner in a block of offices.

Although cleaning the men's toilets sometimes had its challenges, apparently it was nothing compared to the women's.
    And the aftermath of the office Christmas party would turn your stomach.

A friend who works as a HR manager confirms this dichotomy has not changed in the 21st Century.

25. Tom Maddox

Tom Maddox Member

This pretty much sums it up for me...

26. Mag_seven

Mag_seven Established Member

Not a question of exposure, more a bit of a faff in buttoning back up - I find it easier to do that in a cubicle!

27. STEVIEBOY1

STEVIEBOY1 Established Member

The old fashioned ones were better as mentioned above. I think there is an example of them at one of the Railway Museums in the Shildon area and also Brooklands Museum, cordoned off as they are not for use anymore. Wooden seats as also mentioned are better too.

28. STEVIEBOY1

STEVIEBOY1 Established Member

That is bad. Some times I have seen blokes, just give their fingers a quick rinse. Also off putting is the use of a mobile phone in one had while, "Passing the time of Day" with the other. Surely the phone call can wait for a minute or two.?

29. Meerkat

Meerkat Established Member

I blame women’s insistence on leaving seats down. If standard behaviour was to leave/put the seat up then the seat wouldn’t get wet!:D
    When they changed our office toilets to gender neutral (unnecessarily taking the urinals away) the cubicles got really messy from the habit of some females to cover the seat with toilet roll and then leave it there/on the floor.

30. greyman42

greyman42 On Moderation

A mate of mine had retired but took up a part time cleaning job for pocket money. One of his jobs was the toilets in Vodka Revs. After a Saturday night he said the gents was not to bad, a few splashes on the floor, nothing a mop could not sort out. The ladies looked like a bomb had gone off. Lipstick and make up everywhere and used toilet roll and tampons just thrown on the floor. He refused to go back.

31. greyman42

greyman42 On Moderation

I would of thought its down to cost.