Blokes avoiding the urinals and peeing all over the toilet seat instead. Is this a thing now ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by yorksrob, 7 Sep 2019.

1. DarloRich

DarloRich Veteran Member

Work - Fenny Stratford(MK) Home - Darlington
    I will happily have a communal shower after sport. I am not an Adonis by any means but am relaxed enough not to care! We are all the same underneath and if someone wants to check me out they must lead a very odd life but good luck to them!

2. yorksrob

yorksrob Veteran Member

Same reason why some trousers have very narrow pockets from which everything falls out.

3. IanD

IanD Established Member

Reminds me of the old joke:
    Doctor: I'm afraid you've got an STD
    Patient: I must have caught that from a toilet seat
    Doctor: You must have been chewing it, it's in your gums

Exactly. What I do is give my Hampton a thorough scrubbing at the start of the day, saves a lot of faffing around with handwashing later on. It usually stays in my underpants most of the day which are always clean on so I know where it's been and what it's been in contact with. On the rare occasions that it gets used for other purposes then I may wash my hands. If I use a cubicle for a pee, I will always lift the seat with my foot. So, if you see me washing my hands in a public toilet then I've unexpectedly got lucky (but not in the public toilet!) Or been desperate for a dump. Or both. ;)

4. trebor79

trebor79 Member

5. underbank

underbank Member

With the ever increasing numbers of gender-neutral/unisex toilets, urinals will soon become a thing of the past anyway, when there are no separate "gents" and "ladies" loos.

6. BluePenguin

BluePenguin On Moderation

If that ever does become the norm why could the urinals not be kept for those who identity as a man and cubicles also available for people who identity as woman, non binary and others?

7. IanD

IanD Established Member

And I'm sure public toilet seats used to be horseshoe shaped, with a gap at the front so people too lazy to lift wouldn't pee on the seat.

upload_2019-9-10_9-32-11.png

8. GusB

GusB Established Member

I'm sure I remember the loo seats on older loco-hauled stock (Mk1/Mk2?) having a gap at the front of the seat.

9. scotrail158713

scotrail158713 Member

Where’s that like button? :D

10. DynamicSpirit

DynamicSpirit Established Member

Has no-one ever tried to create a loo seat that can be raised/lowered (either mechanically or electronically) by pushing a button? That would solve a lot of problems to do with hygiene and people's reluctance to touch seats.

11. whhistle

whhistle On Moderation

Do you not leave the top button done up and undo some of the others?

12. Devonian

Devonian New Member

Bringing this nicely back to the railways, yes mechanically raised seats have been invented: British Rail's XP64 coaches featured lavatories which were described as "flushed by a foot pedal, which also raises the seat". And Italy's trains still feature sprung/weighted seats that return to the upright position after the seated user has risen.

13. westv

westv Established Member

On the subject of clothes, what is it with this new (?) fad for men's underwear with no fly opening? Pure madness if you ask me.

14. Mojo

Mojo Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Can’t say I’ve noticed that but wonder if the reluctance to “stand up” is something to do with people being brought up in households without a father. Someone I know grew up with only their mother and never goes standing up because they were never taught how to as they never had a father in their life when growing up and when it was brought up were chastised as the toilet seat always remains down in the bathroom at their home.

15. Meerkat

Meerkat Established Member

The gender neutral business stealing our urinals is really annoying.
    Why not just have gender neutral urinals? Don’t care what gender you identify as, if you can use them you are welcome to use them. Speeds the queue up and reduces the bad aim problem.
    The gender neutral cubicles with their own sink etc could surely fit a urinal in?
    Reckon I might go on Dragons Den with a set up that has a urinal and toilet sharing the same cistern and sewer pipe. Would save lots of domestic grief.

16. yorksrob

yorksrob Veteran Member

Fortunately I've not yet encountered such garments.

17. theblackwatch

theblackwatch Emeritus Moderator

I blame Calvin Klein!

18. Bevan Price

Bevan Price Established Member

Has anyone tried to keep the seat raised on a moving Pacer? It usually seems to fall down at the first hint of rough track - often in "mid-pee".

19. IanD

IanD Established Member

Well, I think this bloke quoted below is obviously looking.

Jeez, with that level of scrutiny, no wonder people are using the cubuicles :lol:

20. Skimpot flyer

Skimpot flyer Member

In the battle of the underpants, I guess you could argue ck won ...

21. GusB

GusB Established Member

It's hardly a fad - men's underwear with no front opening has been a thing for years.
    Very good :)

22. tom73

tom73 Member

Nonsense? I have always considered it undignified and degrading to be expected to join a row of total strangers doing something that should be done in private. I ALWAYS go in a cubicle and I also ALWAYS sit down. Social media was a long time in the future as were home computers when I was a teenager.

23. yorksrob

yorksrob Veteran Member

Of course, the requirement for privacy, even when sitting down, is a comparatively modern concern. In medieval times, it was not unknown for important individuals to sit together in the garde robe "doing their business".

24. trebor79

trebor79 Member

Indeed, and other parts of the world have different customs. A colleague of mine spent 3 months at one of our factories in rural China.
    There were no cubicles in the toilet, just a trench for everyone to squat over. They would chat and joke as they did their business and laughed at the English guys going back to their hotel for a dump.
    They also didn't always use the toilets, and there was a gentleman employed to collect all of the frozen turds (Inner Mongolia is cold in winter) and thrown them onto a bonfire.
    Even more disgusting apparently was the nose picking and bogey flicking habit.
    He told me "they'll ask you to go at some point. Just say no."

25. yorksrob

yorksrob Veteran Member

I'm not sure I'd rate nose picking/flicking as more disgusting than outdoor pooing !

26. trebor79

trebor79 Member

You might if you had to sit in a meeting room of 20 or so people partaking in the activity, whilst having the meeting. Apparently they flicked them onto the radiator, which was liberally covered in baked, crusty mucus.
    At least you can walk away if someone decides to drop their trousers.

27. scotrail158713

scotrail158713 Member

I always stand when relieving myself - apart from on trains. Precisely for the reason you’ve just given. (I learnt that lesson the hard way on a HST at 125mph though :D)

28. yorksrob

yorksrob Veteran Member

That can't do the efficiency of the radiator much good either, I suppose.

29. DarloRich

DarloRich Veteran Member

Work - Fenny Stratford(MK) Home - Darlington
    each to their own but I really don't get this. As i said previously: try going to the match and expecting privacy and a sit down!

None is going to be checking you out and no one is going to try and molest you!

30. Bletchleyite

Bletchleyite Veteran Member

Nor are they likely to if there were no cubicles to have a dump (see the China example above) but would you mind that? I think I prefer to sit down in peace if needing that :)

(admittedly the chance of "sitting down in peace" at a football ground is low :) )