• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Blokes avoiding the urinals and peeing all over the toilet seat instead. Is this a thing now ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arglwydd Golau

Established Member
100% agreed
Only wash after a dump crew checking in.
Anyone remember that in, I think, the 1980's it was customary to find, in many pubs, a few bowls of peanuts on bar counters so that you could have a nibble whilst waiting to be served, a University research department tested a number of them and, on average, found about a dozen different strains of urine....Peanuts swiftly withdrawn.
In all my experience in the NHS we were always instructed to wash hands after using the toilet, even if there were ordinary taps.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Meerkat

Established Member
Can you identify urine? I reckon that urban myth sounding story would have been about traces of faeces.

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
Can you identify urine? I reckon that urban myth sounding story would have been about traces of faeces.

Could well be both. (On an aside, apparently, some peoples mobile telephones and computer keyboards also have similar traces of both products and more so than a loos seat.)

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Most pubs have a tap on the bar that help you identify it - usually marked with "Fosters", "Carling", "Carlsberg" or similar.

I used to say (not that I've had it in a long time) that in any Robbie's pub the output from the urinals was directly connected to the "Best" Bitter tap. I hate, as I always said, to think what their worst bitter was like.

Status
Not open for further replies.