• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

BLS The Metro Marauder - Sat 14 May 22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

4SUB Assocation and Network South East Society will be in Coach A

I must apolgise for stating that the NSERs where in Coach A when they where in Coach C. I was given this info in good faith and only found out when boarding te train they where not in said coach.

Overall though. The tour was great. I am looking into seeing if we can do anymore (as the 4SUB association)

Any reports/pics on the last 0025 service?
Would love to have been on it sadly unable to though am have been on All Line Rover all Week. Report coming soon maybe....:D:lol:

Mag_seven

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
What was pleasing to see was the large number of photographers out to see this tour. There were more out and about yesterday than I've seen for some steam / heritage diesel tours.

dan4291

Had a great time on this tour. Very well organised by Southern, the BLS, NSE society among many others. Highlights for me included fast runs on the Dorking and Horsham line and also going fast through Gatwick Airport as a plane was landing and getting shook about over the points at the north end of the station (got it all in video too)! Got a salute from a 455 set parked at Selhurst depot too which was good fun. A very appropriate farewell for the 455's!

gabrielhj07

Had a great time on this tour. Very well organised by Southern, the BLS, NSE society among many others. Highlights for me included fast runs on the Dorking and Horsham line and also going fast through Gatwick Airport as a plane was landing and getting shook about over the points at the north end of the station (got it all in video too)! Got a salute from a 455 set parked at Selhurst depot too which was good fun. A very appropriate farewell for the 455's!
Any chance you could upload said videos? It sounds like it was a blast!

gazr

After being on The Powerful Pieman Panorama (try saying that quick three times!) all day, I wondered over the Victoria to see what was going on... I waited around and ended up taking the last 8-car (23:40 to Sutton), and last working out before midnight. I was too tired to wait around for 00:25 and also wanted a quick pint at my local...priorities :) I'd say there was about 10 people (all younger than the class 455/8!) at Victoria taking photos of the empty stock in P9, and I guess they waited for the very last working, as it looked like norms in the front coach of 5804 I was on. Hopefully SWR will do the class proud when their turn arrives.

boiledbeans2

I was at Victoria to see it arrive, about 19 late. Most of the enthusiasts there were under 18 and the atmosphere there was like a football match!

In your photo IMG_7512, I see on the TV screen on the far right, for the 19:36 West Croydon service, at the bottom it says "Class 455". I saw the same thing written on the older orange dot-matrix screens on that day (14 May).

Was this a one off addition on 14 May? I know that SE screens state the Class of train, but as an occasional Southern user, I haven't seen Southern screens state the Class of train.

If it was indeed a one off on 14 May, props to those who arranged it! Great attention to detail.

Great to see the large number of photographers out as well! I was at Waterloo East and Charing Cross. There was a small crowd at Waterloo East waiting for the train. And there was a large crowd at Charing Cross! Plenty of other photographers were also captured on video, based on the videos on this thread!

Anyway, on 14 May, I was on a Coulsdon Town train, and the PIS was showing "Welcome Aboard the Southern Service to London Bridge. The next station is Reedham. Welcome aboard this Class 455 Metro Marauder Railtour". I think it was a mistake, the Railtour part was confined to only Reedham station. The other stations didn't have the Railtour part.

AY1975

Established Member

thedbdiboy

Any reports/pics on the last 0025 service?
Would love to have been on it sadly unable to though am have been on All Line Rover all Week. Report coming soon maybe....:D:lol:
Here you go - leaving Gipsy Hill as an ECS passes on the way to Streatham Hill

Attachments

• IMG_20220515_005223.jpg
    IMG_20220515_005223.jpg
    912.8 KB · Views: 27

XCTurbostar

Established Member
Just for those that haven't been following the Southern 455 thread, the tour pair - 455835 and 455841 were both sent for scrap at Newport today.

mmh

Established Member
Really great to see so many forum members were either on or saw the farewell tour. It will be a day that will stay with you forever if my experience of being on the last Southern slammer is the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.