• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Blue bodyside indicator light on S-Stock

Status
Not open for further replies.

rebmcr

Established Member
I never realised they were dual-colour, what does that one mean?

I think I heard a lot of fan noise from the driving carriage of that train, is it something to do with de-icing equipment?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dstock7080

Established Member
Outside door indicators on S Stock are three colour:
steady yellow: doors open or unlocked
flashing yellow: sensitive edge activation on car
steady white: RTD Train Ready to Depart indicator (TBTC)
flashing white: PEA activation on car (currently steady white)
steady blue: de-icing fluid dispensing (would be extinguished if other colour required (ie stations)

Last edited:

philthetube

Established Member
I never realised they were dual-colour, what does that one mean?

I think I heard a lot of fan noise from the driving carriage of that train, is it something to do with de-icing equipment?
The noise wouldn't have anything to do with de-icing. It could have been the sleet brushes though if the train was moving

hexagon789

Veteran Member
The noise wouldn't have anything to do with de-icing. It could have been the sleet brushes though if the train was moving

The S-stock has brushes to scrub the rails, how does that work? Are they only applied during de-icing?

Dstock7080

Established Member
The S-stock has brushes to scrub the rails, how does that work? Are they only applied during de-icing?
All Underground passenger Stock has sleet brushes mounted on the leading bogie above the positive and negative rails.
They can be lowered at anytime, irrespective of whether the train contains a de-icing car.

hexagon789

Veteran Member
All Underground passenger Stock has sleet brushes mounted on the leading bogie above the positive and negative rails.
They can be lowered at anytime, irrespective of whether the train contains a de-icing car.

Interesting, I never knew that. You learn something new everyday! :D

spinba11

I’m sure I’ve seen lights on underneath the carriage as well is that to do with de-icing as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.