• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Blue "Limited Clearance" sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ComUtoR

Established Member
Haven't got a pic as it's out on the line but a blue, limited clearance, sign has appeared.

Same style as the no refuges one but states limited clearance.

I've checked the rulebook and there is a "future amendments" but the signage appears the same as existing.

Anyone know if there is a unique blue limited clearance sign or an inbound change ?

Cheers in advance as always.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

P Binnersley

The are a "No Refuges" sign
The "No Refuges" warning sign was introduced in 1979 in conjunction with the introduction of the Advanced Passenger Train (APT) on the West Coast Main Line. This sign comprises a blue and white chequered board with the words "Warning - No refuges". Originally they were only provided on lines with a permissible speed above 100 mph, but this is no longer the case. Where this sign is used, a position of safety or refuges are present on the opposite side of the railway.
(railsigns)

skyhigh

Established Member
I could have sworn I'd heard something about a similar sign up here, but it's not on one of my routes and I've never seen a notice about it, so I'd be very interested to find out too.

ComUtoR

Established Member
I think ComUtoR meant that it's a hybrid, 'no refuges' colour but 'limited clearance' text. Is this a new standard or an error?

Exactly. Its a new sign thats popped up out of nowhere and I can't find any source for it.

Efini92

Established Member
Haven't got a pic as it's out on the line but a blue, limited clearance, sign has appeared.

Same style as the no refuges one but states limited clearance.

I've checked the rulebook and there is a "future amendments" but the signage appears the same as existing.

Anyone know if there is a unique blue limited clearance sign or an inbound change ?

Cheers in advance as always.
Where is it? Was there anything in the notices about it? Seems strange to use the same colour as a sign with a different meaning. But then again we did have the recent “head on exit speed” at Birmingham.

ComUtoR

Established Member
Where is it? Was there anything in the notices about it? Seems strange to use the same colour as a sign with a different meaning. But then again we did have the recent “head on exit speed” at Birmingham.

I'll try and get a more precise location and see if there is something I could link it to. Nothing in the notice cases and I didn't see anything in the WON

Status
Not open for further replies.