• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Bluebell Line trains - arriving in East Grinstead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
:?: Anyone know when it is likely that the extension north of Kingscote Station will be completed, meaning that Bluebell Line trains can once again run to East Grinstead?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

hammerwood

all being well, final works for clearance, track, infrastructure etc will be done during 2012 with an opening in Spring 2013. Work on the tip is currently on hold due to the winter weather/daylight etc.

GearJammer

Im still amazed the Bluebell is connecting to the mainline..... they do know that once its done its only gonna be a matter of time before a railtour turns up with a big nasty diesel on the front... probably a 67 with air brake only stock, if the did'nt like the ED or 08 running on there steam railway there gonna hate the idea of a 67 graceing there metals :P

Kinghambranch

Im still amazed the Bluebell is connecting to the mainline..... they do know that once its done its only gonna be a matter of time before a railtour turns up with a big nasty diesel on the front... probably a 67 with air brake only stock, if the did'nt like the ED or 08 running on there steam railway there gonna hate the idea of a 67 graceing there metals :P
I'm still amazed that the Bluebell is connecting to the mainline. Lesser heritage railways would have given up long ago but the long term view has almost paid off now - with lots of financial support from lots of people of course. Once it's done it's only going to be a matter of time before more people wishing to sample the delights of the Bluebell can get there via the National Rail Network. This will be fantastic for the Bluebell Railway. I'm not sure who liked or didn't like the Electro-Diesel (Class 73 I think?) or the 08 Shunter gracing their metals (note the different spelling for their as opposed to there which means something completely different) but a Class 67 will bring lots of passenger visitors with money in their pockets so I would imagine that it will be of little consequence. However, I suppose the diesel could hand over to one of the Bluebell's resident steam locomotives at East Grinstead.

Status
Not open for further replies.