• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

BMO - 19:30 to Stratford-Upon-Avon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rather curious thing last night. Got off the 19:24 XC service to Cardiff at New Street, and ran to Moor Street to make the 19:30 service heading towards Stratford-Upon-Avon.

Got to the station at 19:32, fearing I had missed the train, it was still showing on the departure boards as running 'On-Time', so I asked a passenger and they said it had not arrived yet. Fair play. Running Late.

It got to 19:40, and the train still had not arrived. Yet the screen was still listing as On-Time. Eventually a train came through, stopped at the top of Platform 1, and after a few minutes moved off. I know this was heading to Tyseley depot. However everyone else decided to try and get on the train (believing it was the Stratford train no doubt) and an annoucement said it was not in service. (obviously) cue everyone looking confused.

Then the screen changes to say EXP: 19:45. Sure enough, train comes in. The Moor Street screens gave no indication why it was running 15 late, nor did the conductor give reason either.

Eventually getting off the train at my station, I look at the screen and it says 'Train delayed due to waiting a late connection.'

I've never heard that one before? What does it mean?
I'm figuring something to do with the ECS move to Tyseley a few minutes before?

The rest of my story is unimportant, just curious as to why Moor Street seemed to think it was On-Time, 15 minutes late.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

D1009

Established Member
Rather curious thing last night. Got off the 19:24 XC service to Cardiff at New Street, and ran to Moor Street to make the 19:30 service heading towards Stratford-Upon-Avon.

Got to the station at 19:32, fearing I had missed the train, it was still showing on the departure boards as running 'On-Time', so I asked a passenger and they said it had not arrived yet. Fair play. Running Late.

It got to 19:40, and the train still had not arrived. Yet the screen was still listing as On-Time. Eventually a train came through, stopped at the top of Platform 1, and after a few minutes moved off. I know this was heading to Tyseley depot. However everyone else decided to try and get on the train (believing it was the Stratford train no doubt) and an annoucement said it was not in service. (obviously) cue everyone looking confused.

Then the screen changes to say EXP: 19:45. Sure enough, train comes in. The Moor Street screens gave no indication why it was running 15 late, nor did the conductor give reason either.

Eventually getting off the train at my station, I look at the screen and it says 'Train delayed due to waiting a late connection.'

I've never heard that one before? What does it mean?
I'm figuring something to do with the ECS move to Tyseley a few minutes before?

The rest of my story is unimportant, just curious as to why Moor Street seemed to think it was On-Time, 15 minutes late.

Becuase that train starts from Snow Hill, the system wouldn't have known it was late until it left Snow Hill. It was late coming in from Stratford and got behind the Moor Street terminator from Worcester that forms the ECS to Tyseley.

district

In my experience the ticket office staff at BMO are very good at finding out about late trains. On numerous occasions I have asked the amazing Sharon about trains and she has found out very quickly and made relevant announcements. They are a really good bunch at Moor Street for this sort of thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.