• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Boarding a train without a ticket - really illegal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rick9525

I queued for over 10 mins at Picadilly for 1 of the only 2 machines there and when I got to the front the card reader was broken so I just bought on the train.

The queues for the ticket office were masssive and the queue from the machines blocked the concourse. This is the main issue with what is otherwise a very good station. It does not encourage advance ticket purchase though.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

blacknight

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4175432.stm
"He said that on Sunday, July 24, Mr de Menezes' family in the UK, his cousins, were briefed by police that Mr de Menezes did not run into the Tube station, that he used a ticket to get through the Tube station barrier - specifically that he did not vault the barrier - and that he was not wearing a padded jacket or carrying a bag."

It was a lie that
Menezes jumped over barriers. He did not. The people who jumped over the barriers then went on to shoot him seven times.

http://www.laaw.org/shoottokill.htm

"
Jean Charles de Menezes, an innocent Brazilian visitor to London was intentionally shot and killed by police officers at Stockwell Underground Station. This constitutes a crime of murder in English criminal law.

Introducing a ‘shoot to kill’ policy is a crime of conspiracy to murder
De Menezes’ murder resulted from the ‘shoot to kill’ policy adopted by the Metropolitan Police in response to the London bombings which resulted from Tony Blair’s policy to wage war with Iraq. Introducing this ‘shoot to kill’ policy constitutes a crime of ‘conspiracy to murder’.

Aiding or abetting these crimes is a crime of accessory to murder
Any person, including a police officer, who knowingly aids, abets, or assists these crimes becomes an accessory to the crime and commits an offence under the Accessories and Abettors Act 1861. Be warned that co-operation with any person or police officer known or suspected to be aiding or abetting these serious crimes renders a person criminally liable as an accessory to murder and conspiracy to murder."

More evidence is available by searching. It is widely accepted to be a murder by many people. It is your right to disagree, no-one can force you to disagree that it was not a murder, but no-one can force us to believe it wasn't a murder either.

Put yourself in the position of the police officers who that day had seconds to make that decision to shoot believing they were facing another would be suicide bomber, not years of endless debate that have gone on since that day.
There's been an enquiry not charges have been brought against officers, image if the outcome was different a suicide bomber self detonates when challenged by armed officers would the out cry be "why did they not shoot" from armchair barristers.
Yes Jean Charles may well have been an innocent but sad fact is in war innocents do get killed & we are in a war regardless of who started it.

Lampshade

Established Member
I queued for over 10 mins at Picadilly for 1 of the only 2 machines there and when I got to the front the card reader was broken so I just bought on the train.

The queues for the ticket office were masssive and the queue from the machines blocked the concourse. This is the main issue with what is otherwise a very good station. It does not encourage advance ticket purchase though.

There are loads of machines at Piccadilly, two Virgin ones and a Northern one next to Delice de France (I think), one or two on the far right hand side of the ticket office, one up on the footbridge between platforms 13 and 14 (saved my bacon many a time when on a dead connection) and there are two at the bottom of the Metrolink escalators on the right hand side, they're so convenient when arriving in off the 147 (bus) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.