Body on Track

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordy

Established Member
Joined
9 Jun 2005
Messages
8,460
Location
WCML South
Hi

Wondered if anyone can help me here, my mums friend was travelling on some part of the tube on Sunday 12th Feb, when the train stopped in a tunnel and it was announced that it could not continue due to 'A body on the track', can anyone give any details about what happened.

Unfortunately, I do not know where abouts this occured

EDIT: May be Brent Cross

Thanks

Jordy
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Joined
23 Feb 2006
Messages
313
..Would be the logical guess. Surely stopping in a tunnel and saying it cannot continue..why not just hang about in the station...silly.
 

Met Driver

Established Member
Joined
8 Jun 2005
Messages
1,734
warriorofrovac said:
..Would be the logical guess. Surely stopping in a tunnel and saying it cannot continue..why not just hang about in the station...silly.

Erm... one would assume the driver couldn't see the obstruction from the previous station; if he had done, he would've waited there and informed the relevant staff (line controller etc.).
 
Joined
23 Feb 2006
Messages
313
Seth said:
Erm... one would assume the driver couldn't see the obstruction from the previous station; if he had done, he would've waited there and informed the relevant staff (line controller etc.).

Surely.a train presumably hit the person to begin with though...so the drivers along the line would have been told.
Unless the person went into the tunnel and caught the third rail..then maybe the train would had to have stopped.
 

Met Driver

Established Member
Joined
8 Jun 2005
Messages
1,734
warriorofrovac said:
Surely.a train presumably hit the person to begin with though...so the drivers along the line would have been told.
Unless the person went into the tunnel and caught the third rail..then maybe the train would had to have stopped.

If the person had been hit by a train, the service would have been suspended immediately, and the Emergency Response Unit would've been called out to deal with it. It sounds to me like the victim was a trespasser who managed to get 'juiced up' somehow.
 
T

Tom

Guest
And when you get juiced up, you get spruced up, eh Seth? :sign2:
 

Met Driver

Established Member
Joined
8 Jun 2005
Messages
1,734
tubechallenger said:
And when you get juiced up, you get spruced up, eh Seth? :sign2:

Burnt to a crisp and in a body bag is probably a better description...
 

Julian G

Established Member
Joined
9 Jun 2005
Messages
3,512
Seth said:
If the person had been hit by a train, the service would have been suspended immediately, and the Emergency Response Unit would've been called out to deal with it. It sounds to me like the victim was a trespasser who managed to get 'juiced up' somehow.
and that happened today.choas

Someone fell onto the Track at KXSP Northern line
Driver tells us that train will remain on the platform
Then announcer says "Stand behind the yellow line" and Security stuff
driver then tells passengers what happened-at that time i left the train,
and i quickly rushed back to find a signal showing green!! :)
Trains were suspended between London-Bridge-Camden Town
then trains were allowed to complete their journeys
then
Bank branch closed and follows with King's Cross St.Pancras Underground being closed :o
Then Circle,Ham,Met are reopened
and the rest still closed
 

Met Driver

Established Member
Joined
8 Jun 2005
Messages
1,734
I heard about that. The station was back up and running normally when I passed through a couple of hours ago, though.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top