• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

BoJ question

Status
Not open for further replies.

tom1681

Hello, long time lurker, first time poster here.

As part of the wife's and my fast-becoming-annual rail trip in September we have off peak day return tickets from Bristol Temple Meads to Cardiff Bay. This ticket allows a BoJ and is routed (BRI->Cardiff Central->Cardiff Queen Street->CDB).

We want to travel to Cardiff and leave the station at Cardiff Central to visit Cardiff Castle (quicker than waiting for the train from CDF to CDQ). Later in the day we want to complete the journey but it would then be quicker to walk to Queen Street from the castle and get the train to Cardiff Bay. I'm hoping this is allowed (missing out a leg of the journey) but to save a wasted trip I wanted to check with you knowledgeable folks first in case they don't let me into Queens Street as I exited Central beforehand.

Thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

calc7

Established Member
Break of Journey is not forbidden on Off-Peak Day Returns.

You are of course free to break your journey and resume at a station further down the route (or the same station) as many times as you like (obviously constrained by the number of stations on the route you've chosen!), within the validity of the ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.