• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

BOJ Virgin East Coast

Status
Not open for further replies.

VauxhallandI

Established Member
Journey required

KGX = London King's Cross
NCL = Newcastle
EDB = Edinburgh Waverley

KGX - NCL Friday 23/2
NCL - EDB Saturday 24/2
EDB - KGX Sunday 25/2

Now apart from the fact only the Friday fares have been released; I was under the impression that break of journey (BOJ) were only ok on the return leg.

However the VTEC web page says BOJ is fine, it doesn't go into the detail of which leg. My memory tells me there is much debate about over night stops, was this related to the above issue?

Would it be wiser to skin this cat with three advance fares?

Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Romilly

Established Member
Advances are likely to be cheaper: whatever's currently available for the Friday; £10 to £20 for the Saturday; and from £32.50 for the Sunday.

VauxhallandI

Established Member
It would seem hand will be forced to buy the Friday leg now due to availability. I have no idea whe. The weekend cars will be released.

Why are the super off peak prices different from train to train? £65 to £131

Romilly

Established Member
The £131.70 Kings Cross-Newcastle super offpeak single is the any permitted and is just £1 less than the super offpeak return.

The £65.90 super offpeak single is an online special offer on the VTEC website.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Break of journey is always fine on the return portion of a (Super) Off Peak Return, the question is whether or not BOJ is allowed on the outward portion.

And basically, it is allowed (it is allowed unless it is specifically stated that it isn't, which only applies for a very small number of cases, and is not the case here)

VauxhallandI

Established Member
Thank you but it is not accepting that "PIN" code

Working now ta

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.