• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Bolton Query

Status
Not open for further replies.

M60lad

I know trains from Clitheroe/Blackburn come into & leave from Platform 1 at Bolton and was wondering whether anything from there ever comes into and leaves from Platform 3 and if not why not just out of interest

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
Nothing is booked to AFAIK, but it does happen during disruption etc, but it does block everything westbound into Manchester through Bolton for about 5 minutes.

The 39 Steps

I have just checked Traveline North East (an excellent website for ease of checking platforms for trackbashers such as myself) for tomorrow and Saturday 12th November 2011. It shows the 1500 Manchester Victoria to Clitheroe going via Bolton platform 3. I have not checked any other services but from memory I thought this was the only one.

Nym

Established Member
Did this morning because the inbound Blackburn service was late, when they re-model it for platform 5/7 then they should look at making the route accessable from pt.4 aswell as 1 and 3. And 1, 3 accessable all north and 4, 5/7 to all north

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
I have just checked Traveline North East (an excellent website for ease of checking platforms for trackbashers such as myself) for tomorrow and Saturday 12th November 2011. It shows the 1500 Manchester Victoria to Clitheroe going via Bolton platform 3. I have not checked any other services but from memory I thought this was the only one.

I was recently on Bolton station at 1510 when an elderly couple were quite concerned that their train to Blackburn was shown on the automated displays as leaving from platform 3, as they had always travelled at other times of the day from the normal platform. I continued my journey onwards to Manchester Piccadilly platform 13 on one of the Class 180 scheduled for Hazel Grove from this same platform 3, which departed prior to the Blackburn-bound train from the same platform.

Status
Not open for further replies.