• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Bombardier Receives Large Order for New Rail Vehicles & Maintenance - For Who?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fgwrich

Established Member
Wasn't sure whether to leave this one here, place it in the Anglia thread or another part of the forum but this this has just surfaced on the internet. Given the timing, Could this mean that any new stock for the Anglian Franchise will be procured from Derby? Or could this just be a European order?

Hopefully it wont include anymore more EMUs derived from the now rather old Electrostar family though!

Bombardier Transportation Receives Order for Rail Vehicle Service and Maintenance

June 29, 2016 — Berlin
Transportation, Press Release

Rail technology leader Bombardier Transportation announced today that it has signed a rail vehicle services and maintenance contract with an undisclosed customer. The contract is valued at approximately 355 million euro ($393 million US).

About Bombardier Transportation

Bombardier Transportation is a global leader in rail technology and offers the broadest portfolio in the industry. It covers the full spectrum of rail solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling. The company also provides complete transport systems, e-mobility technology and maintenance services. As an innovation driver, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility. It provides integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,400 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.

About Bombardier

Bombardier is the world’s leading manufacturer of both planes and trains. Looking far ahead while delivering today, Bombardier is evolving mobility worldwide by answering the call for more efficient, sustainable and enjoyable transportation everywhere. Our vehicles, services and, most of all, our employees are what make us a global leader in transportation.

Bombardier is headquartered in Montréal, Canada. Our shares are traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange (BBD) and we are listed on the Dow Jones Sustainability North America Index. In the fiscal year ended December 31, 2015, we posted revenues of $18.2 billion. News and information are available at bombardier.com or follow us on Twitter @Bombardier.

Notes to Editors

Please subscribe to our RSS Feed to receive press releases or follow Bombardier Transportation on Twitter @BombardierRail.

Bombardier and The Evolution of Mobility are trademarks of Bombardier Inc. or its subsidiaries.

For Information

Group Media Relations
+49 30 98607 1687
[email protected]

http://www.bombardier.com/en/media/...receives-order-for-rail-ve.bombardiercom.html

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Wolfie

Established Member
Wasn't sure whether to leave this one here, place it in the Anglia thread or another part of the forum but this this has just surfaced on the internet. Given the timing, Could this mean that any new stock for the Anglian Franchise will be procured from Derby? Or could this just be a European order?

Hopefully it wont include anymore more EMUs derived from the now rather old Electrostar family though!

Unless I missed something there is nothing to say that this order is even for a UK customer.....

Bombardier are not building anyd more Electrostars after outstanding current orders/contracts are fulfilled - all Adventra now...

Last edited:

samuelmorris

Established Member
Indeed, my first thought was that it's probably a European order. 355 million euros is probably what, around 220 vehicles? Not sure what that would pertain to in the UK.

fgwrich

Established Member
Unless I missed something there is nothing to say that this order is even for a UK customer.....

Indeed. Hence why I wasn't sure where to put this. However, given the timing and the quiet delay to the Anglian franchise, could it be a sign that someone has put in an order and the chosen bidder is to be revealed soon? Cant think of many operators in Europe about to place any large orders at the moment in new stock, and Anglia is the only franchise at the moment mooted to receive some form of new rolling stock.

It could be 2+2 = 4 or 2+2 = something completely European. One to keep an eye on for the moment anyway!

Harbornite

Established Member
This is good news, but there's nothing to state whether or not the vehicles will be built at Derby or Kassel.

Domh245

Established Member
Perhaps I am missing something, but I am not reading anything about any new vehicles. This press release only mentions vehicle servicing and maintenance...

I can't remember if the crossrail contract included maintenance or not, but I would expect that it is an extension to a supply contract, so possibly LOROL or even GWR

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Bombardier Transportation Receives Order for Rail Vehicle Service and Maintenance doesn't read as new trains to me..............................

Clip

Established Member
Bombardier Transportation Receives Order for Rail Vehicle Service and Maintenance doesn't read as new trains to me..............................

Me neither. This is for fixing and maintaining so an existing contract just got extended would be my best guess

fgwrich

Established Member

LNW-GW Joint

Veteran Member
I can't remember if the crossrail contract included maintenance or not, but I would expect that it is an extension to a supply contract, so possibly LOROL or even GWR

Crossrail class 345 maintenance (for 32 years) is included in the original Bombardier contract.

Clip

Established Member
How long was the LO contract for when they bought their new trains?

WatcherZero

Established Member
Reads to me as maintenance rather than construction contract.

Price involved I wonder if its the extra GWR 387's.

TRAX

Established Member
This is good news, but there's nothing to state whether or not the vehicles will be built at Derby or Kassel.

Or Crespin. The french BBD factory provides an enormous amount (and regular flow) of rolling stock to the french market, usually with more than one order being taken care of at a time (right now Paris MF 01 metro trains + MI 09 commuter EMUs + Z 50000 suburban EMUs + Regio 2N regional EMUs).

But as stated earlier, this contract does not involve any train manufacturing.

AndyPJG

Bombardier Transportation Receives Order for Rail Vehicle Service and Maintenance

June 29, 2016 — Berlin
Transportation, Press Release

Wonder if the last word of the second line might imply something?

coppercapped

Established Member
Wonder if the last word of the second line might imply something?

That Bombardier Transportation's head office is in Berlin?

(Transportation Headquarters
Schöneberger Ufer 1
10785 Berlin
Germany
Tel.: +49 30 986 07 0
Fax: +49 30 986 07 2000)

Harbornite

Established Member
Or Crespin. The french BBD factory provides an enormous amount (and regular flow) of rolling stock to the french market, usually with more than one order being taken care of at a time (right now Paris MF 01 metro trains + MI 09 commuter EMUs + Z 50000 suburban EMUs + Regio 2N regional EMUs).

But as stated earlier, this contract does not involve any train manufacturing.

Indeed, I've only just realised.

Status
Not open for further replies.