• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Book Publishing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Crossover

Established Member
Ah, apologies, I misread - I thought you were looking for a book rather than looking to publish one - on that I'm afraid I can't be of much help
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Actually, one possible thought would be (again, can't point you in the right direction) to maybe look to be a contributor if someone is doing a book on something like the 150's 0 may be an easier way of getting photos published rather than trying to publish your own book - just a thought anyway (and probably an equally crazy one at that :P)

Simon Poole

Ah, apologies, I misread - I thought you were looking for a book rather than looking to publish one - on that I'm afraid I can't be of much help
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Actually, one possible thought would be (again, can't point you in the right direction) to maybe look to be a contributor if someone is doing a book on something like the 150's 0 may be an easier way of getting photos published rather than trying to publish your own book - just a thought anyway (and probably an equally crazy one at that :P)

I always have crazy idea lol

ralphchadkirk

Established Member
Vanity publishing companies will do you small amounts of books, if you pay them enough.

DaveNewcastle

Established Member
I know three active book publishers, but I don't know what you mean by "cheap".

If you can give me a message with your projections, your product and your costs then I can let you know if it falls within the general scope of their markets and then refer you on if appropriate.

Simon Poole

I know three active book publishers, but I don't know what you mean by "cheap".

If you can give me a message with your projections, your product and your costs then I can let you know if it falls within the general scope of their markets and then refer you on if appropriate.

sorry what i mean by cheap is to make it cheap, make the book but at a low cost budget

Try Crecy Publishing in Manchester:

http://www.crecy.co.uk/contact_us.php

They took on the old Nostalgia Road road and rail transport series.

Thank you i have a look

Nonsense

You can self publish on Amazon

Thats one way way of publishing your images in print, but if you just want to share your images, just use flickr.

Wyvern

Established Member
The Advantage system is a way of selling books through Amazon. The discount you had to give to AMazon used to be pretty high. Better to open an Amazon Storefront.

The problem with "Search Inside" is that there are people determined enough to read all of it. in which case they dont need to buy your book.

Producing it as a Kindle book seems a pretty good option at the moment. An example is George Dixon's "Gravy Trains"

The Self Publishing they offer is so-called "Print On Demand" and you may get cheaper deals elsewhere.

Or you could nail your flag to the mast and pay for a hundred (say) to be printed by one of the various advertisers on the net. Try www.scandinavianbook.co.uk who are likely to be particularly good with photos.

For all these options you are producing the artwork yourself, which is the expensive part for a publisher,

Dont forget if you self-publish you must, by law, send one free copy to the British LIbaray, plus you may be asked for four more for the various main university libraries.

Status
Not open for further replies.