• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Book Your Visit to Banbury North Signal Box Now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OneTrackMind

Individuals, Groups, Schools and Businesses can now book their free visit to the historic Banbury North Signal Box before its demolition on the 8th October ‘16.

Working alongside Network Rail, Project Crossover have secured 10 weeks’ access to this irreplaceable box where guided tours will demonstrate how signal boxes work, teach about railway safety and the dangers of railway trespass and outline Banbury’s former importance as a key railway junction on the UK rail network.

This will be the final chance to visit the box that has been a significant feature of the Banbury landscape for over 100 years.

The unique size of the box means that it can be used for more or less any occasion. Why not hold your groups monthly meeting in the box, have a corporate evening for your employees or even use it as a birthday party venue for your child and their friends!

To find out more and to book your free place visit https://banburynorth.youcanbook.me/

Please help us make the most of this one off opportunity by spreading the word through local schools, businesses and rail networks.

For any queries or if you wish to book a customised visit, you can contact The Project Crossover Steering Group at [email protected].

Further details regarding special events will be posted through the groups Facebook page, www.facebook.com/groups/BanburyNorthSignalBox/.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Stewart2887

Now sadly too late, as it will be rubble by tomorrow probably. I visited it this afternoon, what a wonderful example of victorian engineering. The bricks will fill in the north bay, so it's not going far!

John Webb

Established Member
Now sadly too late, as it will be rubble by tomorrow probably. I visited it this afternoon, what a wonderful example of victorian engineering. The bricks will fill in the north bay, so it's not going far!
It won't be coming down that quickly - there is a good deal to salvage for reuse on NR, and various other bits for heritage railway use, particularly at Princes Risbrough North box, under restoration by the Chinor & Princes Risbo' Railway.

bramling

Veteran Member
It won't be coming down that quickly - there is a good deal to salvage for reuse on NR, and various other bits for heritage railway use, particularly at Princes Risbrough North box, under restoration by the Chinor & Princes Risbo' Railway.

Such a shame to see such a well-kept box disappear. To be fair, I can understand the issues with preservation especially given it's in a rather awkward location.

I went on one of the visits last week, and really enjoyed it - many thanks to those involved in organising the visits.

Status
Not open for further replies.