• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Booked on Cumbrian Mountain Express but no ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.

lewisf

Not sure if anyone can help here or has any experience.

I'm booked to go on the Cumbrian Mountain Express tomorrow with a friend and the booking is in his name and he has the ticket. Unfortunately he may not be able to make it and I have no way of getting the ticket from him. Has anyone been in this situation before with a railtour company and would they let me on the train if I had some other proof of the booking like a confirmation email or booking reference.

I've emailed 'The Railway Touring Company' who is running the tour but I'm not too sure if I'll get a response at this time of evening.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

table38

Established Member
You should be able to sort it out with the stewards on the day, although if you knew your seat number it would help a lot as you can be in the right coach.

I've been on a few trips where the tickets were sent out late, but (assuming you don't find someone else sat in your seat pretending to be you!) you should have no problems, especially if the booking was made in joint names and you have some ID.

Status
Not open for further replies.