• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Booked train allocations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Do you mean which specific unit/loco is assigned to a specific service? If so such a service is not available to the public but can be accessed by some rail staff. Or do you mean a service which shows the specific times that services are booked to pass certain points? In which case Open Train Times (using the detailed option) will show booked passing points and the times they should be passed. This also shows what type of traction is booked to run a service but it doesn't show which specific unit/loco is booked to run it.

Do you mean which specific unit/loco is assigned to a specific service? If so such a service is not available to the public but can be accessed by some rail staff. Or do you mean a service which shows the specific times that services are booked to pass certain points? In which case Open Train Times (using the detailed option) will show booked passing points and the times they should be passed. This also shows what type of traction is booked to run a service but it doesn't show which specific unit/loco is booked to run it.

Yeah, I was talking about a specific unit/logo assigned to a specific service. I think I might check the URL you showed me, would this allow me to see all the trains that pass a certain station?

causton

Established Member
Yeah, I was talking about a specific unit/logo assigned to a specific service. I think I might check the URL you showed me, would this allow me to see all the trains that pass a certain station?

If the station is a timing point, yes. If you look at a schedule similar to one you want to see and switch to Expert/Detailed in the top right you will see what the timing points are. For example on the ECML I could choose Potters Bar or Welwyn Garden City as times are put in for all non-stop services through these stations, but not a minor station like Brookmans Park :)

If it is not - you will just see the stopping services.

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Yeah, I was talking about a specific unit/logo assigned to a specific service.

Ahh well as above rail staff only. Though if you have a specific request and ask nicely on here some staff are willing to looking things up for you (but don't expect them to be willing to look up dozens of requests one or two probably but much more would be asking a lot).

I think I might check the URL you showed me, would this allow me to see all the trains that pass a certain station?

It will show you everything that calls at a specific station and what those services go past on their run as well as any services that use a station as a timing point. For example if you look here, it is showing everything that's booked to call at Birmingham New Street on 13th June at aprox 1300. You can then get details on for example this service (the 1233 from [STN]BHM[/STN] to [STN]SOU[/STN]), go to the top right 'options' menu and select 'detailed' it will then show the working timetable for that service from it's origin to it's destination including all the timing points, stations passed through and stations called at.

If the station is a timing point, yes. If you look at a schedule similar to one you want to see and switch to Expert/Detailed in the top right you will see what the timing points are. For example on the ECML I could choose Potters Bar or Welwyn Garden City as times are put in for all non-stop services through these stations, but not a minor station like Brookmans Park :)

If it is not - you will just see the stopping services.

Thanks. I can see that being very helpful for my trainspotting ventures :D

Status
Not open for further replies.