• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Booking an Advance fare on 20:09 Crewe - Glasgow Central Friday 3 September

Status
Not open for further replies.

adrock1976

Established Member
What's it called? It's called Cumbernauld
I have inputted Crewe - Croy on the GWR website, and this train shows as running (Mixing Deck page).

However, when attempting it on the Avanti West Coast website (so as I could see where the reserved seat would be, and change it if necessary), the 20:09 does not seem to exist at all. The 19:11 Edinburgh and the next Glasgow after the 20:09 appear.

Is this a glitch somewhere, a poor design of the website, or something else?

It is noted that the 20:09 appears on the Real Time Trains website, therefore with almost certainty it is running.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

XAM2175

Established Member
Avanti's website is offering it to me, though the default itinerary has a five-and-a-half hour wait at Queen Street for the connection to Croy.

Trainsplit is offering it on a more sensible itinerary as well as a three-quid saving by splitting at Oxenholme. If you book with them you'll still be able to use the seat selector.

Status
Not open for further replies.