• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Booking API

Status
Not open for further replies.

thisknee2019

Hello,

Has anyone in the group have idea of companies providing booking api and the estimated cost? I have an idea of building a rail booking app but this part seems to be the biggest road block.

There was a thread (https://www.railforums.co.uk/threads/rail-booking-api.145823/#post-3359593) regarding this subject but I am not sure if the thread starter (@kingofmemphis4) was successful in building his app. I hope to hear from you guys. Thank you.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SickyNicky

Verified Rep - FastJP
Yes indeed @thisknee2019 we can offer that. Normally these things are done on a sales commission basis - you get a percentage of the commission and any fees you charge. By all means contact me via P.M. and I'll put you in touch with the right person.

lkpridgeon

Verified Rep - FastJP
I'm interested in this too as I'm looking for something I can integrate into the booking/invoicing system I resell to customers. I'm currently reading the third party license agreement provided by ATOC mentioned in the previous thread as that seemed to be the roadblock when I was investigating it months back.

@thisknee2019 it would be nice to hear how far you get/how you decide to implement it.

SickyNicky

Verified Rep - FastJP
It's likely to be rather expensive to go for a third party licence. Probably a six figure sum. And long-winded. But, of course, you get to keep all the commission and can set your own fees and charges. If you're considering this, you probably need a robust business plan. If you go down the API route, there's no up-front cost and no licences needed, but you have to share the commission (the amount will depend on volume, charges and support levels).

You could, of course, use an API to start with to gauge whether it'll be a success, and then move to your own licence in the future when volumes allow for it.

lkpridgeon

Verified Rep - FastJP
Yes the insurance/bond minimum is 10k and you need a minimum of 2 staff members to handle support from what I can tell. So it isn't cheap to go alone. And I think that's just the tip of the iceberg.

To be fair from my perspective I don't need to take commission from customers as they already pay a monthly fee for the CMS. It'd just need to cover payment processing if using a service that does the rest.

thisknee2019

Thanks @telstarbox. @SickyNicky I will send you P.M and also other questions as well.

Yes indeed @thisknee2019 we can offer that. Normally these things are done on a sales commission basis - you get a percentage of the commission and any fees you charge. By all means contact me via P.M. and I'll put you in touch with the right person.
@SickyNicky, unfortunately I can't send a private messages because I'm new to the group? Is it alright if you P.M me and I will reply. Thanks.

Last edited:

SickyNicky

Verified Rep - FastJP
Ah yes, of course, I remember now. I think you have to post 5 times before PMs are enabled. I'll ask the mods if they'll switch it on for you.

@thisknee2019 you should now be able to send me a PM.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.