• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Booking engine that allows different via points on outward/return legs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jnjkerbin

Does anyone know of a booking engine that allows different via points to be specified for the outward/return legs, ideally also allowing one to specify a stopover time? Something similar to what bahn.de offers, but that can sell National Rail tickets?

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Trainsplit allows this, as does Trains Can Be Cheaper for non split tickets.

JB_B

Established Member
Does anyone know of a booking engine that allows different via points to be specified for the outward/return legs, ideally also allowing one to specify a stopover time? Something similar to what bahn.de offers, but that can sell National Rail tickets?

Thanks

I agree with @Hadders - Trainsplit/Trainscanbecheaper will do most of what you want.

You can set arbitrary stop points ( specified separately for in-bound / out-bound ) and you can set an extra time (up to 99m) for changes - again with different times for out and back.

However, if you're changing at multiple stations, you're limited to just one extra-time setting for out-bound and one for in-bound.

And if you want to break your journey at a station where you're not changing trains then, whilst you can request a train that stops there, you can't specify a break at that station before resuming (at least I can't spot a way of doing that.)

Nonetheless, I think that Trainsplit/Trainscanbecheaper offer more flexibility than the other UK rail retail sites.

Paul Kelly

Verified Rep - BR Fares
And if you want to break your journey at a station where you're not changing trains then, whilst you can request a train that stops there, you can't specify a break at that station before resuming (at least I can't spot a way of doing that.)
But if you're breaking your journey then you're implicitly changing trains?

JB_B

Established Member
But if you're breaking your journey then you're implicitly changing trains?

Sorry, yes, of course - that's true. ( And I now see that specifying change at also enables per-point delay times. )

Status
Not open for further replies.