• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Booking Engines vs Route Restrictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordCreed

Hi all,

I've found that you can get a Off-Peak Day Return between Exeter St Davids and Weymouth for £20.05 with a 16-25 Railcard. Details of the ticket can be found: HERE

Now, as you'll see, the route for this ticket is via Honiton and Thornford.

Using the South West Trains booking engine, it will give you the following route using this ticket:

iQGnAkM.png

So, the question is, is this ticket actually valid using this route? As it certainly won't go through Thornford?

The ticket is also valid for a break of journey, so does this mean you could theoretically end your journey at a station such as Salisbury or Southampton?

Lucas

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

455driver

Veteran Member
I cant get the GWR website to show me the same details, all I get is Exeter to Yeovil jn, bus to Yeovil Pen Mill and train to Weymouth.

Whose site were you using to get that route?

LordCreed

That's using South West Trains site. I was hoping that I could get a route via Basingstoke using their £15 promo, but no luck there.

KatieLouLou

But since some of the journey in the example shown uses another TOC then the £15 promo fare is not valid.

Presumably if you can find a journey using SWT from Salisbury to Southampton then a £15 fare is OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.