• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Boosting train performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

j_pilborough

Hi,
I'm trying to boost the performance of my Class 87 loco, as some of you may have noticed it hasn't got a hope of reaching 110 mph. I've tried changing the acceleration values and Cuttoff speeds in the Train.dat file editor so there is a reasonably flat curve for the top notch right up to 150 kmh when it goes off the graph. However, when I test drive it the acceleration drops down to almost 0 once you reach 60 mph(100kmh). Is there another paramter I should be changing?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Coxster

Established Member
greggy8689 said:
Hi jp cant offer any advice sorry geeeeeeeeeza
Please refrain from this type of response. If everyone did this we would have 300 replies of people saying "Can't help" and that wouldn't benefit anyone. Welcome to the forums though.

Cheers,

devon_metro

Established Member
I manage to reach 110Mph, i changed the adhesion in the route file though-although it tends to overheat so cannot keep the speed up for long.

Status
Not open for further replies.