• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

West Coast Motors & Borders Buses

DunsBus

Established Member
It is reported on the SEScotbus Yahoo group that Borders Buses are to take over the operations of Buskers, Galashiels with effect from September 9th. Staff, services, contracts and all future hire bookings will transfer. These will be all run from Charlesfield depot.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

It is reported on the SEScotbus Yahoo group that Borders Buses are to take over the operations of Buskers, Galashiels with effect from September 9th. Staff, services, contracts and all future hire bookings will transfer. These will be all run from Charlesfield depot.

Registrations have now gone through vosa confirming this

oldman

BB have published their 2018 accounts. Seem to be doing reasonably.

Turnover 9.6m up from 8
Op profit 317k up from 167
Operational staff 187 up from 166

Parent company's op profit about 7%.

DunsBus

Established Member
BB have published their 2018 accounts. Seem to be doing reasonably.

Turnover 9.6m up from 8
Op profit 317k up from 167
Operational staff 187 up from 166

Parent company's op profit about 7%.

Is there a link to the accounts?

Strathclyder

Established Member
The Glasgow - Edinburgh Airport 'AIR' service (running via Maxim Park & Harthill) has just received a major upgrade in the form of Plaxton Panorama-bodied Volvo B11RLEs. The displaced 16-reg Scania Irizar i6-bodied K410EB6s, which will presumably be intergrated into the main fleet in due course like the 13-reg Irizars before them.

Jordan Adam

Established Member
It's great seeing how they've managed to transform the Borders area and give it the investment it deserves, the bike racks are quite a innovative idea too. As of the Panoramas, they're just stunning. I can't wait to see the examples for the 900.

WCM has certainly done well for the Borders, nice modern fleet plus the new branded E200MMCs for the 253 has bike racks aswell, bike racks a cracking idea.

KGGXXXY

Just thinking should this thread be renamed now the Perryman brand doesn't exist anymore and the thread is now more a general West Coast Motors (inc Borders Buses, Glasgow citybus) thread?

Jordan Adam

Established Member
Just thinking should this thread be renamed now the Perryman brand doesn't exist anymore and the thread is now more a general West Coast Motors (inc Borders Buses, Glasgow citybus) thread?

Not much of a need to rename, however "Craig Group (Borders Buses, Glasgow Citybus & WCM)" would probably be best suited, albeit a tad long.

overthewater

Established Member
Perryman was only kept to stop people getting confused, I will change once everyone agrees to single idea.. Or we'll end up with another West Lothian ;)

MotCO

Established Member

peterblue

I would prefer Border Buses / West Coast Motors / Glasgow City Bus. The "Craig Group" part is not necessary

Bus Guru

Colin Craig is a very astute businessman who likes to keep a low profile and the name Craig appears in legal legetting accounts etc and will remain WC M Borders Buses etc

X62_doing very well justifying the investment in New vehicles

their buses were doing very well today Hocovering up passengers in stops in Penicuik despite completion from Lb X15 37 and 47 services

If Lothian can go to West Lothian right up to North Lanarkshire border they can extend the X15 say to Peebkes which would really hurt Border Buses

awsnews

I would prefer Border Buses / West Coast Motors / Glasgow City Bus. The "Craig Group" part is not necessary
But why limit it to just a sub set of their trading identities? There is also Fairline/Scotline Tours, City Sightseeing Glasgow/Bute and Kintyre Express (I accept there isn't much relevance to buses for the last one) within the group

peterblue

But why limit it to just a sub set of their trading identities? There is also Fairline/Scotline Tours, City Sightseeing Glasgow/Bute and Kintyre Express (I accept there isn't much relevance to buses for the last one) within the group

I wasn't aware of those!

Jordan Adam

Established Member

Fairline/Scotline are part of Borders, City Sightseeing is part of Glasgow Citybus etc. Those are all really just brands rather than separate parts of the company.

overthewater

Established Member
Colin Craig is a very astute businessman who likes to keep a low profile and the name Craig appears in legal legetting accounts etc and will remain WC M Borders Buses etc

X62_doing very well justifying the investment in New vehicles

their buses were doing very well today Hocovering up passengers in stops in Penicuik despite completion from Lb X15 37 and 47 services

If Lothian can go to West Lothian right up to North Lanarkshire border they can extend the X15 say to Peebkes which would really hurt Border Buses

Maybe Lothian should sharpen its own pencils before looking elsewhere, that what happened to First. Its just so much quicker using the X62 compared to Lothian routes, by 15mins at times.

route101

Established Member
Fairline/Scotline are part of Borders, City Sightseeing is part of Glasgow Citybus etc. Those are all really just brands rather than separate parts of the company.

Is a bit confusing a i seen a Scotline on the AIR service.

route101

Established Member
The Glasgow - Edinburgh Airport 'AIR' service (running via Maxim Park & Harthill) has just received a major upgrade in the form of Plaxton Panorama-bodied Volvo B11RLEs. The displaced 16-reg Scania Irizar i6-bodied K410EB6s, which will presumably be intergrated into the main fleet in due course like the 13-reg Irizars before them.

Is there a reason why Stagecoach Cumbernauld dont run this service?

Bus Guru

X62 has an advantage off peak picking up concession Passns with fewer stops and doesn't go for tour of Loanhead like 37 but at peaks Lothian have x37 due st and the X15 and 47 serve Morningside and Tollcross and down to Granton etc Borders Buses can't compete with lothia n tickets either

just making the point that Peeb le s is pretty close to Lothian territory