• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Borderlands Line Rolling Stock

Status
Not open for further replies.

coq au vin

Hello all

I was wondering if anybody can help me with what I hope is a simple question. Does anybody know what happens to the rolling stock allocated to the line outside of timetabled hours. Is one train stabled at Wrexham Central through the night and the other originate from Chester (two trains run until early evening, then only one on the line, including on Sundays)?

Thanks in advance

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

clagmonster

Established Member

craigybagel

Established Member
The unit that gets to Shrewsbury doesn't actually stable there for the night - it shunts back into Platform 6 to form the 23:08 to Cardiff Central, and stables in Canton. This returns the 150 back to the south after having spent several days in the north (having arrived on the 21:55 Cardiff - Crewe).

The unit that ends it's day in Cardiff, starts it's day in Chester - running to Wrexham General in service as an 05:30 Chester - Wrexham General. The other set, which finishes in Chester, starts off in Crewe - it runs ECS to Shrewsbury at around 0420, shunts across to Platform 3 and then forms the 06:10 Shrewsbury - Wrexham General.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.