• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Boris Johnson Admitted to Hospital - Out of Intensive Care

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
The PM has been admitted to hospital due to his ongoing coronovirus symptoms. I hope he recovers quickly.

BBC said:
Prime Minister Boris Johnson has been admitted to hospital for tests, 10 days after testing positive for coronavirus, Downing Street has said.

Mr Johnson "continues to have persistent symptoms of coronavirus", a spokeswoman said.

It was described as a "precautionary step" taken on the advice of his doctor.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52177125

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Busaholic

Veteran Member
Been fairly clear that he was still suffering e.g. when seen on TV just the other side of the 10 Downing Street front door.

Typhoon

Established Member
Been fairly clear that he was still suffering e.g. when seen on TV just the other side of the 10 Downing Street front door.
- Thursday. If that's 'feeling better' he must have been pretty bad. Compare to Matt Hancock, clearly recovered.

My concern is for those he has been in contact with, in particular his partner/ fiancé/ girlfriend

ld0595

It seems to align with the trend that serious cases require hospitalisation after about 10 days. Even 10 days after being confirmed, he still looks awful so I wouldn't be surprised if it's more serious than they're letting on. 9pm on a Sunday night isn't really a normal time to be admitted to hospital for "precautionary tests."

I'm not a big fan of his but I sincerely hope he makes a speedy recovery.

PG

Established Member
9pm on a Sunday night isn't really a normal time to be admitted to hospital for "precautionary tests."
Given that the Queen's address to the nation was at 8pm maybe they're hoping that that will dominate the media until tomorrow morning by which time more concrete news on his condition might be available.

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
It seems to align with the trend that serious cases require hospitalisation after about 10 days. Even 10 days after being confirmed, he still looks awful so I wouldn't be surprised if it's more serious than they're letting on. 9pm on a Sunday night isn't really a normal time to be admitted to hospital for "precautionary tests."

I'm not a big fan of his but I sincerely hope he makes a speedy recovery.
Yes absolutely. I didn’t vote for him (I couldn’t anyway because I’m not in his constituency) but I wouldn’t wish this on anyone.

Howardh

Established Member
There's a lot of speculation that he was worse than we were being told, but for once I'll side with Johnson; if you are ill then it's nobody's business outside your nearest how ill (or not) you are. Doesn't matter if you are the PM, Queen or the bloke next door. And despite my views on him I wish him a speedy and full recovery

Last edited:

Meerkat

Established Member
There's a lot of speculation that he was worse than we were being told
There was also a lot of speculation that he was making it up to hide from the public and get sympathy!
There are so many rumours about one or other must be true!

farleigh

There was also a lot of speculation that he was making it up to hide from the public and get sympathy!
Or neither. He might be exactly as ill as he says

MDB1images

Can't imagine the decision to admit will have been taken lightly and with this virus there is little anything a Doctor in hospital can do except maybe assist with a ventilator, there is nothing to rid you of this virus.
Hope everything goes ok(just as I do for all of those with this awful disease).

Howardh

Established Member
Yes, if you give enough monkeys enough typewriters!
I'm absolutely no fan of Boris at all (hey, you might have noticed) and the cynic in me (the Olympic gold-winning cynic) notes he's taken into hospital the same day that Gove and Co. are pleading with people not to go out what a co-incidence!....but even I know that's totally nonsense! I do genuinely the lad well, and also that when he fully recovers he will put a complete end to the nonsense of selling the NHS off.

PG

Established Member
There's a lot of speculation that he was worse than we were being told, but for once I'll side with Johnson; if you are ill then it's nobody's business outside your nearest how ill (or not) you are. Doesn't matter if you are the PM, Queen or the bloke next door. And despite my views on him I wish him a speedy and full recovery
Firstly I'll extend the same wish for a recovery to him as I do to any person with the same condition.

As much as I agree that any persons personal health is their own personal business and should not be up for discussion by all and sundry I fear that the man will not be allowed his privacy unfortunately. :(

Mag_seven

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
This thread has reported the fact that Boris Johnson has been admitted to hospital. It is not for the discussion of how the government has handled the crisis nor for how the opposition would have handled it. If anyone wants to discuss that they can start up a new thread.

When there have been further developments into the condition of Boris Johnson we will consider reopening this thread.

Last edited:

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
The BBC is reporting that Boris Johnson has been taken into intensive care

UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson has been moved into intensive care in a London hospital.

ld0595

Boris Johnston was admitted to intensive care at 7pm tonight.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/wor...8b7f419cc871066e8599c7&pinned_post_type=share

No 10: Condition of PM has 'worsened'
The UK PM first tested positive for coronavirus 10 days ago, experiencing what his team called "mild symptoms".
However, earlier today, his spokesman said the symptoms had become "persistent", and he was admitted to St Thomas' Hospital on Sunday evening.
A statement from Downing Streets says: “Over the course of this afternoon, the condition of the prime minister has worsened and, on the advice of his medical team, he has been moved to the Intensive Care Unit at the hospital.
“The PM has asked Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab, who is the First Secretary of State, to deputise for him where necessary.
“The PM is receiving excellent care, and thanks all NHS staff for their hard work and dedication."

I just knew Downing Street were playing this down. He’s been worse then they’ve let on as they didn’t want to cause panic. The tweet earlier certainly didn’t come from Boris - that was from a Number 10 staffer, it just didn’t read right.

Prayers for Boris

DarloRich

Veteran Member
I hope this is just a precaution and he recovers. It sounds terrible. My spidey senses went off when Raab finally admitted the last time he talked to the PM was Saturday but i didn't expect this

Harvey B

On a side note there are people on twitter (and I think many other forms of social media) who will not be respecting him and hoping he gets well to that I say what they are doing is sick and mean

Antman

Established Member
I've seen nothing but good wishes for Boris from people of all political persuasions.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
On a side note there are people on twitter (and I think many other forms of social media) who will not be respecting him and hoping he gets well to that I say what they are doing is sick and mean

I dont respect him in the slightest.

I still hope he recovers.

ld0595

I think the vast majority of these abhorrent posts will definitely be getting the criticism they rightly deserve, and I fully expect them to be taken down quickly. The behaviour of those who are wishing death upon him is utterly disgusting.

As a question - what has been the typical survival rate for someone being admitted into the ICU? I presume the PM will be admitted there as a precautionary measure (although who knows given how vague the official comments have been) but how realistic is it that the PM will pull through?

edwin_m

Veteran Member
A quick search suggests that 30% of those hospitalized with this will need intensive care, and among those that do the mortality rate is around 50%.

gazthomas

Established Member
I think they should have been more honest earlier on. I've got sick of the press, particularly the BBC going on about "person X having mild symptoms" as some kind of badge of honour. While not good for Boris in the short term thank heavens we're allowed to see and appreciate how devastating this illness can be.

class387

Established Member
I dont respect him in the slightest.

I still hope he recovers.
Agreed 100%. I have never supported the Conservative Party but right now I genuinely wish our Prime Minister a swift recovery. No one deserves this.

Busaholic

Veteran Member
A quick search suggests that 30% of those hospitalized with this will need intensive care, and among those that do the mortality rate is around 50%.
A caveat - a Prime Minister, just like the Heir to the Throne, is going to be assessed a little differently from the rest of us, whether we like it or not, so such a decision is much more likely to be taken earlier rather than later. I'm NOT suggesting the treatment he receives once in Intensive Care will be radically different. Any suggestion by political spinners that he still remains in control, though, can be taken with the contents of Winsford rock salt mine. Even if he is conscious, doctors would forbid outsiders from interfering.

Status
Not open for further replies.