• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Botley flooding

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSlash

Established Member
Due to heavy rain, low lying railway land at Botley became flooded and subsequently submerged underwater.
Heres a few at scene mobile snaps

Attachments

• Botleyflood1.jpg
    Botleyflood1.jpg
    387.7 KB · Views: 57
  • Botleyflood2resize.jpg
    Botleyflood2resize.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 44
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Guinness

Established Member
I see a few P-Way men are on site. Oh look, they're not working. How unusual....

;)

paul1609

Established Member
Looks like blocked drains through lack of maintainance to me.

Chaz appears to have been released on a sort of railuk probation.
He has been fitted with an exploding collar . If two or more moderators or any secret super moderator dont like what he posts they simply type chaz on their keyboard and press ctrl- alt- delete twice the collar explodes blowing his head off.
Copyright steven king apparently.

Coxster

Established Member
Same thing used to happen in Eastleigh station/yard up until recently when it hasn't occured once ;)

TheSlash

Established Member
I see a few P-Way men are on site. Oh look, they're not working. How unusual....

;)
Drainage contractors. On preserved railways, Pway do the drainage, on the big railway, we have our own dedicated drainage gang.
Botley is a known flood risk due to the local river and low lying land.
Speaking with the drainage boss, he showed me that the drains were working at full capacity and he had ordered a pump to divert some of the water.
If the water level has gone down enough {in the drains} tomorrow, they will dig out the crap collected by the catchpits from today.
I was sent to site to oversee the service recovery operation and organise the distribution of all available resources both on my site, and between my site and a site between Hedge End and Eastleigh

paul1609

Established Member
Drainage contractors. On preserved railways, Pway do the drainage, on the big railway, we have our own dedicated drainage gang.
Botley is a known flood risk due to the local river and low lying land.
Speaking with the drainage boss, he showed me that the drains were working at full capacity and he had ordered a pump to divert some of the water.
If the water level has gone down enough {in the drains} tomorrow, they will dig out the crap collected by the catchpits from today.
I was sent to site to oversee the service recovery operation and organise the distribution of all available resources both on my site, and between my site and a site between Hedge End and Eastleigh

Translation;
As the service was ****ed yet again my boss panicked and said we had to do something.
I was sent to the scene to watch what the people who know what they are doing (the contractors) are doing. if I could help them out by driving to another site in my network Rail van i would have done.
Botley is yet another area where we know that there are lots of track faults and infrastructure problems and where the drainage maintenance hasnt been done but we are too lazy to do anything about it.

Coxster

Established Member
Translation;
As the service was ****ed yet again my boss panicked and said we had to do something.
I was sent to the scene to watch what the people who know what they are doing (the contractors) are doing. if I could help them out by driving to another site in my network Rail van i would have done.
Botley is yet another area where we know that there are lots of track faults and infrastructure problems and where the drainage maintenance hasnt been done but we are too lazy to do anything about it.
You're very daring this evening, Paul!

TheSlash

Established Member
You're very daring this evening, Paul!
That was like water off a ducks back to me mate.
Paul is upset that i work for an industry that is expanding it's core business {Track maintenance - new lines being laid} and he works for an industry that is shooting itself in the foot {What good is a Navy with no ships and no dockyards :?:}
Why don't you get Colin to do you a copy of the log, i'll give you two names to look out for, you count the number of times they appear, then i'll tell you who was giving them all they're information ;)

Coxster

Established Member
Its the white lightening i purchased earlier from Farnborough Co-op ;)
Strong is it? Wouldn't know myself. My dad has just explained to me that 'Navy Job Cuts' isn't all 1 word. I hear it so often I thought it was.

paul1609

Established Member
Strong is it? Wouldn't know myself. My dad has just explained to me that 'Navy Job Cuts' isn't all 1 word. I hear it so often I thought it was.

As I dont have a strong desire to share a tent with 4 Royal Marines on South Georgia for the 7 years I have left in the navy, it wouldnt be wise for me to post things on here about the navy in response to the taunts of Slash and his seldom seen side kick from farnborough.

However going back to Fareham PW when I returned home this afternoon, the fareham PW van (where they make tea when they are not making tea in the hut) was having a new windscreen fitted.

Unfortunately none of the monkeys were available for comment but speculation amongst commuters was that it had been bricked. It is not entirely clear whether the bricking was carried out quite reasonably by disaffected travellers hit by yet another infrastructure failure or during an inter monkey gang battle with the Siemens monkeys who have a temporary cage next door.

http://www.sgisland.org/pages/sghome.htm

Guinness

Established Member

Drainage Contractors? Are they the "Can't be arsed" gang but paid twice as much because they have the title "Contractors" at the end?

TheSlash

Established Member
As I dont have a strong desire to share a tent with 4 Royal Marines on South Georgia for the 7 years I have left in the navy, it wouldnt be wise for me to post things on here about the navy in response to the taunts of Slash and his seldom seen side kick from farnborough.
Translated - I can't think of a come back so i'll use the "I don't care" line
Slash mobile 2 was having a new windscreen fitted as a chip had grown into a crack.

paul1609

Established Member
Translated - I can't think of a come back so i'll use the "I don't care" line
Slash mobile 2 was having a new windscreen fitted as a chip had grown into a crack.

Err its not a "i dont care line" its a "my contract of employment forbids me from commenting" line.

When is Slash mobile 2 having its 56 mph speed limiter fitted?

Status
Not open for further replies.