• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Boundary Zone 6 tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Yesterday I tried to buy Boundary Zone 6 to Reading tickets, the ticket seller refused to sell me them unless I agreed to get a stopping train.

But isn't the whole point of Boundary Zone 6 that you don't have to get a stopping train?! Otherwise it may as well be a West Drayton to Reading ticket purchased :roll:

The ticket seller admitted that a travelcard from Reading was useable on fast trains, but refused to admit that BZ6 to Reading had the same validity but for the opposite direction.

I should have just said "we'll get a stopper" and used it on a fast anyway I suppose.

I got his name. Is it worth reporting him and asking for a refund?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jim

Established Member
Yes. It is worth mentioning his name. He refused to sell you a perfactlly valid ticket

joy54.gen

I complained about Paddington staff before, the refused to issue me a Greenways Day Ranger, I have emailed FGW, but they have a massive backlog of complaints back to Mid-May, so you have a long wait.

JN114

Established Member
err... i sent a long complaint letter in may.. could this be my fault!

Guinness

Established Member
JN114 said:

No... First lack the capacity to read long complaints.....

Lewisham2221

Established Member
Chaz said:
JN114 said:

No... First lack the capacity to read long complaints.....

Correction - First lack the capacity to do anything other than.....

Oops, better stop there before this turns into another anti-First rant ;)

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Right, let's clear one thing up. I made a long complaint in 2003 and they did respond quickly, although the response got lost, so it was many months (3) later before I heard from them.

I don't know much about BZ6 ticketing validity, but I'm informed by a Londoner you could get a Z6 extension to Aberdeen if you liked. I can't see you needing to get a stopper to there (not possible anyway), so I'm guessing it's perfectly fine.

Complain if you like, I'd be reckoning you won't get a reply, if you do it won't be much of one.

Finally, to finish this, it sounds like Marv hates First to the same extent I hate GNER!

TheSlash

Established Member
Rather than complain, ask to speak to the duty manager. I they give you excuses about why you cant speak to a manager, simply write a letter about the incident to the local GSM {Group Station Manager}. The details of the GSM are normally displayed somewhere on the station, normally by the fixed timetable boards

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
FGWFan said:
I don't know much about BZ6 ticketing validity, but I'm informed by a Londoner you could get a Z6 extension to Aberdeen if you liked. I can't see you needing to get a stopper to there (not possible anyway), so I'm guessing it's perfectly fine.
They're wrong, as BZ6 tickets are only available as SDR/CDRs.

By contrast I once asked for BZ6 to Ipswich (without realising that it's considered too far for a day trip :roll: ) so I was given a SVR from Harold Wood! I was worried about using it on a fast train but was assured it was OK!

Coxster

Established Member
I was once charged on FGWL for a standard day return when a cheap day return was perfectly valied so wrote to them. After a few weeks weeks (I think it was about two/three) they replied back saying the guard was going to get talked to and they refunded the difference with some vouchers that can be used on most UK train operating companies.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Is there much difference between a CDR and a SDR?

Anyway, I've wanted to know this before now, having bought an Euston to MKC CDR instead as it was far quicker and easier:

How do you buy a BZ6 extension ticket? How do you word your query?

Status
Not open for further replies.