Boundary Zone 6 to High Wycombe

Discussion in 'Fares Advice & Policy' started by cuna84, 24 Oct 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cuna84

cuna84 Member

Hi all, you guys have never failed me yet, I may well be travelling to watch the mighty (I wish!!) Chairboys tomorrow night and thus will be getting the train after work from Marylebone to High Wycombe, I already have a season from Kings Langley to London (including zones 1-6 travelcard) so my limited knowledge tells me that I will need to get a single from Boundary Zone 6 to High Wycombe, if this is cheaper (and I am assuming it is!) than a Marylebone to High Wycombe single, I also have a Young Persons Railcrard if that helps. Prices please gentleman :)

2. Registered users do not see these banners - join or log in today!

Rail Forums

3. yorkie

yorkie Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Boundary Zone 6 - High Wycombe 'SDS' (Anytime Day Single) with 'YNG' discount £4.45.

4. cuna84

cuna84 Member

Thank you Yorkie, now for tackling the Chiltern Ticket Office tomorrow night at Marylebone, I am guessing any ticket clerk worth their salt can sell this ticket very easily?

5. transportphoto

transportphoto Established Member Quizmaster

Yes, hopefully they can. Just show your season and if they struggle just tell them to insert the origin as Boundary Zone 6, it should come up. It is the same process as selling any other ticket with a different origin.

TP

6. yorkie

yorkie Administrator Staff Member Administrator

You can buy it today or tomorrow at any ticket office (providing the staff are competent!)

7. transportphoto

transportphoto Established Member Quizmaster

If the Chiltern office refuses to sell it (which they shouldn't) try the Underground office :smile: You can buy the ticket from any National Rail or underground station either today or tomorrow.

Cheers,
    TP

EDIT: - cuna84 you have a PM

Last edited: 24 Oct 2011
  8. barrykas

barrykas Established Member

Don't forget to show your Travelcard and Railcard when asking for your ticket, as it means the clerk doesn't get p*ssed off and redo the ticket when you show them after they've issued it.

Contrary to popular belief, Ticket Office staff are NOT psychic...

9. Bedpan

Bedpan Member

Just a quick question, are you getting a lift home? (As I see that you have mentioned asking for a single rather than a return which is probably only 5p or 10p morethan a single). Good luck tomorrow, and against Sheff Wed on Saturday, in fact here's a run of 5 straight wins to the Charboys. (incl FA Cup, but not 6 as I support the Dons).

10. cuna84

cuna84 Member

Yep Bedpan, I am getting a lift home, perhaps I should have mentioned that :(, ty for the luck, personally I think we will need it :), and thank you very much for the pm Transportphoto, very useful sir

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.