• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Bournemouth - Birmingham ( FOSW rover)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talent

Dear all,

I'm trying to make the most of my FOSW rover ticket... I have to go from Bournemouth to Birmingham Airport, arriving on April 9th, 4 pm at the latest.

I'd thought I go from Bournemouth to Cheltenham Spa via Bristol (avoiding Reading) and then pay a whopping £23 for Cheltenham to Birmingham. As I have a return ticket from Worcester to Birmingham Airport is there any better (faster) way to get to Birmingham Airport from Bournemouth without leaving the FOSW rover area?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

James Wake

It is £10.50 for an anytime day single from Worcester to Birmingham International, how about 0955 Bournemouth to Southampton Central arriving 1026, then 1042 FGW to Worcester Foregate Street arriving 1417 (the Great Malvern train), then 1424 Worcester Foregate Street to Birmingham New St arriving 1506, then there are trains to International at 1510, 1514 and 1530, all arriving before 1540, happy to be corrected by someone else if they have a better idea.

John @ home

Established Member
There are a number of Advance Cheltenham - Birmingham International fares available at suitable times on 9 April for £11.70 or £11.90.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
On re-reading the OP, I think the unused return leg of a Birmingham International - Worcester Stations ticket is held. If that is so, and the aim is to achieve a faster journey to the airport at minimum additional cost, then a Cheltenham - Birmingham New St Advance single will suffice. The return ticket already held can then be used New St - International, saving another £1 or £2.

Talent

OK, thanks. I'll go for the Advance ticket option from Cheltenham. Rather paying £11 more than missing the flight. I wonder why I haven't found the advance ticket by myself...

Status
Not open for further replies.