Bournemouth-Doncaster

Discussion in 'Fares Advice & Policy' started by Donny158, 20 May 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Donny158

Donny158 Member

Hello.

I'm travelling from Bournemouth-Doncaster on Sunday 26th July after 3pm and I can't see anything cheaper than £39.50 which goes via London. Anyone got any other ideas in how to make this journey cheaper? I can travel anytime after 3pm and it is a single I'm needing. I was hoping to go via Birmingham as it would be a change of scenery from going on the East coast mainline again. Many thanks

2. RJ

RJ Established Member

A very reasonable price in my eyes, it's the cheapest of Advance fares available - and liable to disappear at any time. Give TrainSplit.co.uk a try - it may well find something.

3. Kite159

Kite159 Established Member

TrainSplit is giving a fare for 2 advances at £33.80, SWT Bournemouth to Waterloo, and Grand Central Kings Cross to Doncaster, with the 15:50 departure. Although you will need to pay £2.30 for an Oyster/Contactless fare across London.

Going via London would be cheaper, and quicker than XC. Can't see how to get TrainSplit to give advanced options to get it to force going via Birmingham

4. Romilly

Romilly Established Member

I found that using the Advanced options on Trainsplit to specify via Birmingham produced an option with 5 splitting points and a total price of about £51.

5. Donny158

Donny158 Member

Thank you for your help! Looks like it's a trip via London for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.