• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Bournemouth drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

BTU

Anyone know anything about XC or SWT roster start finish times where they drive to and from what's it like to work in that part of the world? Thanks in advance any info welcome even stuff I haven't asked.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

godfreycomplex

Established Member
I don't work in Bournemouth for either company (I'm a signaller at one of the points listed below) but here's what I can glean. It may be inaccurate
SWT Bournemouth drivers sign
Waterloo - Weymouth via Woking, Basingstoke, Winchester, Southampton, Bournemouth and Wareham
St Denys - Fareham - Havant - Haslemere - Guildford - Woking
Wimbledon - Waterloo via East Putney and the Windsor side
Brockenhurst - Lymington
Possibly Fareham - Botley - Eastleigh I'm not sure
Bournemouth depot, Poole sidings, Southampton up goods loop, Bournemouth middle sidings and possibly some others (Jersey sidings Weymouth maybe)
Traction is 444, 450 and some 158/159
XC Bournemouth drivers sign
Bournemouth - Reading via Southampton Central, Eastleigh, Winchester and Mortimer
Reading - Birmingham New Street via Didcot station and avoider, Oxford, Banbury, Leamington and both Coventry and Solihull/Bordesley
Eastleigh - Basingstoke via Chandlerss Ford, Romsey, Laverstoke Curve (Salisbury avoider) and Andover
Redbridge - Romsey via Test Valley
St Denys - Reading via Netley - Fareham - Havant - Haslemere - Guildford - Wokingham
Reading west avoider
Bournemouth middle sidings
Eastleigh T&RSMD
Possibly down to Poole and the sidings (in case of problems at the middle sidings) but I'm not sure. I'm beginning to doubt whether they go up to New Street, but I'm 80% sure they do (New Street certainly go down to Bournemouth)
A fair few of XC's turns start or finish with a taxi from or to Eastleigh depot at some ungodly hour, so I would imagine that the first start and last finish are quite close together. SWT are probably similar as their last train arrives at the depot on a weekday at 2:30 ish and the first out is at 4:30 ish. Most of that is from Bournemouth area so you'd be seeing a lot less of the A31 from a cab window in the wee small hours.
As for living, I've spoken to quite a few Bournemouth drivers since I've started and they're universally agreed it's a lovely place to live and work. Nice weather, good schools and outdoor and indoor activities. SWT and XC are both quite good if what I hear is correct, both depots are simultaneously sufficiently large and small that you know everyone on the depot but don't get sick of the sight of them, which is always a plus I'm sure!
As I say this may not all be entirely accurate (and if anyone can correct me please do) but hope it helps

BTU

Many thanks for your detailed reply .Sorry for the late response.

Status
Not open for further replies.