• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Bournemouth to Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

orpine

Does anyone have any suggestions for ticket splitting between Bournemouth and Reading for an Anytime Single ticket (the entire journey is peak)? I'll be taking the Cross Country, no changes. Splitting at Southampton seems to take it down to around £32; is there a way to get it lower?
Thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
What time are you travelling? CrossCountry flows (of which the through ticket is one) have different peak restrictions to non-XC flows.

orpine

I'm catching the 07:30, getting to Reading about 09:00. National Rail at least reports it as all being Peak. :(

Romilly

Established Member
Using flexible walk-up tickets, splitting at Southampton seems to give the best price (it doesn't matter whether you split at Central or Airport Parkway).

For a non-flexible option for this coming Monday, trainsplit.com suggests a £16.40 Bournemouth-Basingstoke Advance and a £7.50 Basingstoke-Reading Anytime Day Single.

orpine

Thanks. In the past whenever I've used the split ticketing pages they've always been useless, so this time I didn't bother. Figures. :)
Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.