• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

BR Blue Class 31, Falklad Yard, 11 March 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrWhippyO

Hi there,

Does anyone know why there was a BR Blue Class 31 sitting in Falkland Yard today, unfortunately, I didn't see the number of it as I was on the bus to Glasgow at the time but it looked like it was sitting at the head of a ballast train perhaps? The line between Ayr and Glasgow was closed today so maybe it was helping with some of the work today?

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks, James

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Schnellzug

Established Member
I'm guessing 31106, as i think it's the only blue one currently active on the Main line. Don't often see them on ballast trains though, sure it wasn't the NR Yellow train?

MrWhippyO

Cheers Guys, It was definitely BR Blue, I don't know if it was a ballast train, it looked like ballast wagons from the quick glimpse I got.
Will I get a chance to go and take some proper photos or will it be away by now as the line was open today?

James

Newshy37

It passed through Preston going north last Wednesday, early afternoon. No idea why tho'

Status
Not open for further replies.