• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

BR fares website

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sonic2009

Established Member
Yes I agree BRFARES.com is a good website :D saves searching for fares through a TOC's website.

lyndhurst25

Established Member
Likewise.

I wonder if sales of the NFM Avantix Traveller fares CD-ROM have plumetted since that website came online? I no longer feel the eneed to buy a copy.

RJ

Established Member
To be honest I have scoured the FTR forum and had never seen that site as a newbie. That's my excuse. :oops:

I think he's exaggerating a bit, but agree it's a useful site. Beware the caveats however, the information shown on there is not always the same as what's on NRE, so always worth double checking.

SS4

Established Member
It's most useful for restriction codes I find since they're far from easy to find on NRES

soil

Established Member
The fares are very often wrong on brfares.

Not sure why.

soil

Established Member
Any specific examples? I've not noticed any wrong fares.

Gatwick - East Croydon is £4.90 Any Permitted SDS, but is down in Brfares as £5.70

Greater Anglia fares are noted as completely wrong by BRfares:

"One or more fares below are set by train operating company GREATER ANGLIA (AGA). Some fares set by AGA in this issue of the National Fares Manual (particularly Super Off-Peak fares) are known to contain errors, such as missing restriction details and incorrect prices. Please check details with a rail booking office if possible."

E.g., it says

"WRE SUP OFFPK DAYTC" Audley End - London Terminals £19.20, valid weekends only (code FA)/

But the correct fare is £21.50, and the validity is D6, which I can't find, but it appears to be valid 7 days a week, albeit obviously with time restrictions.

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
That looks like it's less BR fares fault and more the fact that there are errors in NFM12. But I take your point.

Status
Not open for further replies.