• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Brackley Viaduct 1978.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill EWS

A visit to Brackley Viaduct in 1978. The viaduct was being prepared for demolition.

The colour transparency film suffered a processing fault and wee corrected as best as possible when I got them converted to digital. Some would come right therefore were converted to grayscale that made them more acceptable. THis is the first time I have published these photos. Please respect their copyright, thanks.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/31261872@N07/albums/72157713301335956

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorksrob

Veteran Member
Cheers for posting - some lovely photos.

Sad to think of such a majestic structure being destroyed.

70014IronDuke

Established Member
I echo yorksrob's sentiments. I remember seeing Brackley Viaduct when it was still in use (although I never saw a train on it) - looking at the photos it makes you think of all the man-hours that went into designing, planning and the sweat of building it - only to be destroyed some 80 years later.
Is the smaller overbridge the one over the Verney Jct to Banbury branch? Or did that go under the main viaduct? The track was down in the early 60s, I remember, but when I saw it I think the branch had been cut back to Buckingham.

Status
Not open for further replies.